Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 66 Ford F100 Pickup preview

SteveG

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Didn't know you could get the service beds by themselves. Where can you get them from?

I don't believe the service bed is a separate item, I think it comes in the kit with the rest of the truck. 

Modelhaus used to offer a utility bed, similar design , but they are no longer in business. I have seen some on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, alexis said:

I wonder how long before somebody offers a resin conversion to have an 'open door' on the service bed? This kit will be a "Must Have" for me.

I wonder how long it will be before Moebius or Burkett sells the bed itself.  The thing is also a drop fit onto the LWB '67-72 Fords as well, I have to think once the initial run of kits has sold out, there's a pile of money sitting there waiting to be spent on that bed as a stand alone.

6 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I wonder how long it will be before Moebius or Burkett sells the bed itself.  The thing is also a drop fit onto the LWB '67-72 Fords as well, I have to think once the initial run of kits has sold out, there's a pile of money sitting there waiting to be spent on that bed as a stand alone.

It's more likely that there will be A LWB 67-72 version with the Service Bed included first, same with Flareside bed.  That was the plan before the Pegasus buy out, but anything is possible.

-Steve 

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

It's more likely that there will be A LWB 67-72 version with the Service Bed included first, same with Flareside bed.  That was the plan before the Pegasus buy out, but anything is possible.

-Steve 

That's all fine and well, but there's a reissue of a certain AMT Dodge, the "newer" AMT Ford F-Series, and a plethora of other places this bed could find a home with some work since that type of utility box still soldiers on pretty much unchanged other than LED lighting and newer style slam-locks to this day.  I could see buying a couple of the bed for other ideas, but I don't really need another of the other F-Series kits since I have 5 of those kits as it is.  Otherwise I suspect a glut of F-Series kits with no beds will be filling the vendor tables and trading section here.

Edited by niteowl7710

17 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

That's all fine and well, but there's a reissue of a certain AMT Dodge, the "newer" AMT Ford F-Series, and a plethora of other places this bed could find a home with some work since that type of utility box still soldiers on pretty much unchanged other than LED lighting and newer style slam-locks to this day.  I could see buying a couple of the bed for other ideas, but I don't really need another of the other F-Series kits since I have 5 of those kits as it is.  Otherwise I suspect a glut of F-Series kits with no beds will be filling the vendor tables and trading section here.

I'll bet it ends up being offered in resin with or with out the modern changes, (maybe both) within a few weeks of the Service Truck kit being released.   Note the 65 Comet AFX hood was available in resin, which was a direct copy of the kit part. It was out well before the AFX version even hit the streets. 

31 minutes ago, SteveG said:

I'll bet it ends up being offered in resin with or with out the modern changes, (maybe both) within a few weeks of the Service Truck kit being released.   Note the 65 Comet AFX hood was available in resin, which was a direct copy of the kit part. It was out well before the AFX version even hit the streets. 

I'd rather support the manufacturer than someone bootlegging the parts.