Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 66 Ford F100 Pickup preview

SteveG

Sadly it was an image of the box art in a newsletter and not an actual kit. Also nentioned was early 2019 availability,  six cylinder engine, and two sets of custom wheels in addition to the stock steel wheels. The Torq Thrusts are a shoe-in but I wonder what the second set is?

I'm no Ford truck expert but did the Flaresides come with the cab side mouldings from factory?

I know that Dodge did not offer the side moulding on there Utilines (atleast the 66 brochure I got states that) and I'm not sure on Chevys since the 64 brochure I got is for the full truckline it does not state any specifics about trim but I can't see any pictures of Stepsides with the side moulding that they had on Fleetsides.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Againmikewins said:

I pre-ordered mine from Mega Hobby. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I noticed that they only had the stepside bed kit available for pre-order, wonder how much longer before the Utility Bed and styleside kits will be out? 

23 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

I noticed that they only had the stepside bed kit available for pre-order, wonder how much longer before the Utility Bed and styleside kits will be out? 

Yeah, I figured that to be the case. Similar to how they waited a couple years to release the 4x4, ramp up excitement and keep customers buying the trucks as they're released. 

If I'm not mistaken, they're going to have 4 variations of this tooling. I don't remember where I picked that up from however. 

10 hours ago, kataranga said:

The display with the service bed truck seems to have the stock bed behind it painted the same as the cab. I wonder if the kit will include both beds?

It is a Model King release, so maybe someone can ask Dave Burkett? If it does, I can imagine a selling price pushing $40, but just might be worth it for that bed,

On 2/3/2019 at 1:07 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

This is available for pre-order on MegaHobby with no release date listed , just  2019. Is shown with a list price of $39.95 and a discounted price of $33.99

Thinking about getting my pre-order in now so I am on the list!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

I had someone at my LHS mention that there was a delay or cancellation for the utility bed version. Has anyone else heard this rumour? I'm hoping it's untrue, because I am looking forward to these kits.

As of this exact moment in time it's still listed on distributor websites. As far as I know there wasn't an official release date for either of the new kits other than no earlier than 3Q 2019.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, 64Comet404 said:

I had someone at my LHS mention that there was a delay or cancellation for the utility bed version. Has anyone else heard this rumour? I'm hoping it's untrue, because I am looking forward to these kits.

The first thing you say to those types is "What is your source?".  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After taking some time this week to double check a few measurements on a 1:1 '66 F100, I offer a 'well done' to the moebius crew for their efforts on the new kit. The upper cab checks out generally on  the money proportion-wise. The roof and doors look very good. There is still opportunity for some fairly easy finessing, however...     

DSCN0882.jpg

The rear of the lower front fender measures 11.5" (.46) and the old amt nails it. The measurement at the front from the top of the fender to the lower crease is 17" (.68). The lower crease also marks the bottom line of the grill, making the moeb grill a little too tall but isn't really a big deal. It is in fact an almost exact copy (only better done) of the wix diecast '66 grill.  The only other  item worth possible modification would be the rear window width, 48" in 1:1 (1.92 in scale).