Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvinos JR Monte Carlo

MG Brown

2 hours ago, Jim N said:

I think the test shot looks great as well.  This will be so much better than using a resin body or converting the Revell snap kit. 

Amen to that. It took me forever using the snap kit body and getting it to match up with a nascar kit chassis.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Something on the roof looks off to me. Almost like it’s too tall at the back. I’ve never seen a model plastic or otherwise that gets this roof shape right.

The rear bumper looks too extended to me. With paint on it,  will probably not be that noticeable.

Along with the rear bumper seeming a bit over-extended, I think the front bumper looks alittle too "snug" and tight/close to the front bodywork.  (But I also realize that many 1:1 Nascar builders of that era did move front bumpers backwards/tighter to the bodywork).

Salvinos JR Models are proud to announce our LIMITED RELEASE Donnie Allison 1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Donnie Allison’s final victory was the 1978 Dixie 500 in his #1 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

1/25th scale kit includes injection molded high quality polystyrene parts and the

highest resolution decals ever offered in a model car kit.

Found this today looks like they signed a deal with Donnie Allison as the first Chevy will be the same driver and sponsor as the last Olds.

Edited by R.J

The Bumpers can be worked with the main issue I see that stands out to me is the roof line along the top where the top of the door class would seat if rolled up. That line should be the same from the top corner of the windshield all the way back to the sail panel / B-pillar it should be narrow width all the way back not get wider . I know this is not the final so hopefully some of these things will be adjusted before production.

7 hours ago, R.J said:

The Bumpers can be worked with the main issue I see that stands out to me is the roof line along the top where the top of the door class would seat if rolled up. That line should be the same from the top corner of the windshield all the way back to the sail panel / B-pillar it should be narrow width all the way back not get wider . I know this is not the final so hopefully some of these things will be adjusted before production.

That’s what wrong. You nailed it. And the line turns down the a pillar rather than curving around the top of the windshield. If they don’t fix it a sanding block can make it better for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...