Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bullitt Mustang....

cruz

Beautiful! Great paintwork and detailing. Love the underneath, bizarrely!

For those of us who have a small Steve McQueen collection but not so much knowledge of Mustang kits, which kit is it from?

Of course, for the full "movie scene" effect, you have to build not only the Charger, but the same VW Bug three times... ;-P

best,

M.

Looks really great, Marcos!  This is the first model of the Bullitt Mustang that sits at the proper ride height like the original did in the movie.   All the others I have seen sit too low.  How did you modify the suspension?

1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

Of course, for the full "movie scene" effect, you have to build not only the Charger, but the same VW Bug three times... ;-P

No, what you'd need to do is catch one VW in the background in three different photos, and then post the pics in three different threads. :lol:

Thank you guys, really appreciate your comments. Carb is from fireballmodelworks.com, they are absolutely the most beautiful and realistic ever made. The suspension was worked on a bit but not overboard. The front end actually had the most work to get it to sit right. Color is Highland Green Metallic mixed by my good friend Miguel C. Hernandez in Puerto Rico. Clear is 2K.  Wheels are actual metal sleeves and kit  centers were modified to fit inside. Though I am not sure Bullitt used headers, I don't think there was a way they ran this little monster without ones. That car sounded too sweet......

14 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

Beautiful! Great paintwork and detailing. Love the underneath, bizarrely!

For those of us who have a small Steve McQueen collection but not so much knowledge of Mustang kits, which kit is it from?

best,

M.

revell-1968-ford-mustang-gt (1).jpg