Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeremy John/Clearly Scale?

I bought a centrifugal-charged Hemi engine/trans from him last year and didnt get to really looking at it until recently. Realized the timing cover/water pump piece is missing. I contacted him a month ago and told him I was missing a part. Took a photo showing all parts that was in the bag. To this day (32 days later) I still have yet to hear from him. I sent him an email to his email address and on his "contact me" option on his website. I just sent him a forward to my previous email just to see if he didnt get it. 

Has anyone else had some communication issues with this Jeremy dude? His products are top-notch...too bad his customer service falls short.

Edited by brodie_83

Hello, this is Nick, his de facto distributor and friend in the US. Although a very private person, you should all know that he has been recovering from cardiac surgery and having a rough time of it. He has no home internet, so he can only return your emails from the library when he’s not in the midst of surgical rehab.  I couldn’t tell you how many times he’s been re-hospitalized in the last year, since the first surgery...but he’s too private to talk about it and his lack of communication has taken its expected toll on the business, so I’m informing you here. Please forward to me a pic of whatever you need, as I have some Hemis of my own and may have the parts you need 

Edited by zak78

Well that's unfortunate. I'm dealing with multiple hospital stays myself with my dad. He has been in and out this past year and it's scary as hell. I am satisfied with the response and I thank you kindly for letting me know the situation. I can now stop wondering. He seemed like such a stand-up guy and his products are, like I said, top-notch! Glad he isn't just falling behind with orders and on the brink of giving up without notification like so many other vendors have done in the past. 

The engine I have is the 528 Procharged Hemi V8 and the part I am missing is the timing chain cover/water pump part. It glues directly to the front of the engine block and then the pulleys/belts get glued to it. If you have an extra one, that would be amazing! Again, thank you for clearing up the whole situation. I'm sorry to hear about his unfortunate circumstances, but I'm glad he's not just being a deadbeat too.

20181102_071759.jpg

2 hours ago, zak78 said:

Hello, this is Nick, his de facto distributor and friend in the US. Although a very private person, you should all know that he has been recovering from cardiac surgery and having a rough time of it. He has no home internet, so he can only return your emails from the library when he’s not in the midst of surgical rehab.  I couldn’t tell you how many times he’s been re-hospitalized in the last year, since the first surgery...but he’s too private to talk about it and his lack of communication has taken its expected toll on the business, so I’m informing you here. Please forward to me a pic of whatever you need, as I have some Hemis of my own and may have the parts you need 

If we would like to place an order for something, can we contact you? So he doesn't have to worry about an order, just take needed recovery time.

Sorry also to hear about his condition, he will be prayed for.

|

On 11/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, vintagerpm said:

I placed an order with him a month ago. Should I assume I won't be seeing it any time soon? If not, I would just as soon cancel the order.

What had you ordered? I have quite a bit of his stuff and could possibly help you out. Like Nick said, Jeremy has had ALLOT of health issues since christmas, He is a great guy, and has some of the nicest product around; Jeremy certainly isnt out to scam anyone, he is just moving slower than usual.

20 hours ago, mademan said:

|

What had you ordered? I have quite a bit of his stuff and could possibly help you out. Like Nick said, Jeremy has had ALLOT of health issues since christmas, He is a great guy, and has some of the nicest product around; Jeremy certainly isnt out to scam anyone, he is just moving slower than usual.

It wasn't anything I had to have, just nice to have for possible future projects - seats & wheels/tires. But I don't like having orders sit open for long periods of time.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:41 PM, mademan said:

|

Mike if you have any contact with him tell him we are praying for him. 

Hi all, does anyone know if Clearly Scale are still operating? I have ordered and paid for some resin items, it has now been over 7 weeks and still nothing. I have sent them 3 emails and have had no response, I also checked out there Facebook page and there are other comments about still waiting after 4 months with no items received and others where no emails are being responded too. 

I am starting to get worried I’ve lost my money ?

On 02/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, zak78 said:

I wish him all the best if he is having health issues but at the end of the day I’ve paid for items, he should have stopped taking peoples money if he can’t for fill the orders. Not sure where this leaves me now, have I lost my money?

Since his health issues started in mid 2017, I've had a few orders from him and exchanged a few emails with him.  I've been patient and have received everything I've ordered.  One orders got lost in the mail and returned to him, but eventually made it to me.