Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a Custom AMT 57 Ford

RDean58

I have an original issue 57 Ford that I have the style line parts from and I wanted to use them, so here is the result so far.

c21.jpg

I am using the "Kandy Kart" front and the extended rear on this one.

c22.jpg

Lots of gaps to fill!

I found someone on ebay selling the older chrome trees for this kit, the one with the chrome suspensions so I got that. I also ordered a set of double stripe AMT tires for it. I'll be using the deep dish wheels and baby moons on this build.

c23.jpg

Thanks

I saw your post on Facebook where you asked the question about the different custom parts on the '57.  I was not near my photos at the time so here goes...

57ford2.jpg.64a546842ffc8e9fb84255d2fe73660a.jpg57ford3.jpg.91aa08ed3cbdc84d1a4075b24a5d2a8d.jpggetPart?uid=ALYyL-NjIPWkW92hrQCE0LD6OcM&partId=4&saveAs=IMG_1002.jpg&scope=STANDARDgetPart?uid=ALYyL-NjIPWkW92hrQCE0LD6OcM&partId=2&saveAs=IMG_1003.jpg&scope=STANDARD

These are a couple of oldies that some kid built way back then.  I have restored the blue one and will restore the green one with the top that's posed there. I need a full set of suspension for this one.  But there are the two different custom treatments.