Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

I hope this is the official thread for progress updates on the stalled builds...

This stalled project was not mine but I'm taking on the job of finishing it. It has been passed around from at least 3 guys before me (maybe more)... I plan on doing my part to make it the best it can be. 

I'm focusing on it being a Promod-ish drag car simular to the "Lowmad" in the picture. My plans have changed on the build so many times already.  It was gonna be as simple as just a repaint but I couldn't get past the mound of spot putty the OB used. When I dug all that mess out, it was on then. So far I've Stripped it down, removed the fender wells, stretched the rear wheelwells and realigned the top... I'm on a roll... Stay tuned!

Screenshot_20181110-104012.jpg

Screenshot_20181110-104050.png

7176p1.jpg

7176l.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 10:56 PM, Snake45 said:

148 views and only 3 of us are interested in doing this? :blink:

Okay, never mind...I guess....:unsure:

I would, and I have a whole stockpile of started kits, But with us just moving across country I have zero time or space to drag out model kits at this time . I did drag out a couple kits to display,,,, 3 actually

1 hour ago, disconovaman said:

I hope this is the official thread for progress updates on the stalled builds...

Hmmmm. Okay, let's say this is the "official" registration thread, where you post your interest and one pic of what you're going to finish, and then one pic of the completion. You can post your in-progress pics here if you want, or start a regular Workbench thread for them if you'd prefer. Similarly, you can post all your finished pics here or start a regular Under Glass thread for them if you want. How's that all sound? B)

Just since you asked the question, I'll put you down as the first "officially registered" builder. B) I see that Jantrix has posted a pic and declared, so he's officially in, too. Richard Bartrop has posted a pic with interest, so I'll pencil him in, too. B)

I still haven't decided between my '69 Nova and Camaro, and I have a couple other possibilities I could go with as well. Hmmmmmm....:wacko:

I have a question.  Would you consider a stalled project something that is a current project?  I have been stalled on it several times and over the last year.  Technically, everything I have is a stalled project. I don't know if I could stomach putting away the SVO to drag out something else from the abyss of unfinished work. 

Edited by rsxse240

On 11/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, Snake45 said:

Ah, we DO have some interest! Excellent!:DB)

Count me in... I've got an old lindberg Color me gone dodge 330 that has been mothballed for about 2yrs.

I shelved it after the ignition coil got eaten by the carpet monster!

And my blower belt for my 68 camaro...that's another story though for another time.

1 hour ago, rsxse240 said:

I have a question.  Would you consider a stalled project something that is a current project?  I have been stalled on it several times and over the last year.  Technically, everything I have is a stalled project. I don't know if I could stomach putting away the SVO to drag out something else from the abyss of unfinished work. 

Good question! Let's say you have to have started it over a year ago, or let's say before the end of the year 2017. If you've been working on it that long, but not actively and continuously, I'd consider it "stalled." That sound fair?B)

37 minutes ago, ScaleAsylum said:

Count me in... I've got an old lindberg Color me gone dodge 330 that has been mothballed for about 2yrs.

I shelved it after the ignition coil got eaten by the carpet monster!

And my blower belt for my 68 camaro...that's another story though for another time.

Great! Two years certainly qualifies as "stalled." Post a current pic (where it is right now) and you're officially registered. B)

32 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Great! Two years certainly qualifies as "stalled." Post a current pic (where it is right now) and you're officially registered. B)

Soon as I get home this evening I'll sure do it! Keep in mind the only things that are "done" are the interior and the semi incomplete engine (missing coil...) 

Okay, I'm officially declaring with this Get Smart Sunbeam Alpine. I got the windshield frame fixed (the other day) since this pic was taken, and hopefully I'll have just enough warm enough weather to paint it next week. If it falls through, I've got a couple already-painted backups. 

Alpine01.jpg.11f406d2e142ac198273ac0542a6b72b.jpg

Ok, I am in. Looked at all of my started but never completed kits today & decided on my 1964 Chevy 4x4 Blazer.

Started the build in 2002. I shortened a Revell 64 pickup body & put it on a Monogram 4x4 pickup chassis.

Still a lot to do,engine,trans,build an interior in the back,bumpers,racks,winch,PAINT,etc.

65Blazer.jpg

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder

I would like to enter this! I'm going to go with my 67 Lemans project, This is the first time I have entered something like this!

After posting the pictures I realized that the side chrome was completly wrong and so were the tailights so I started working on them yesterday.

image.thumb.jpg.aa0f43227a2708eb07348daa4020ecec.jpg

OK, I'll play, with the "on the books" that it still may not get finished anytime soon! This is AMT 49 Ford that I started back in the late 70's, its had no less than 10 paint jobs, I'm pretty pleased with this one which I did about three years ago, Rustoleum straight out of the can. Put the flames on last year and back in the box it went. Still have no direction on the interior or what engine I;ll use. Time will tell.

DSCN4588.jpg

DSCN4584.jpg

Robert

1 hour ago, vintageford said:

OK, I'll play, with the "on the books" that it still may not get finished anytime soon! This is AMT 49 Ford that I started back in the late 70's, its had no less than 10 paint jobs, I'm pretty pleased with this one which I did about three years ago, Rustoleum straight out of the can. Put the flames on last year and back in the box it went. Still have no direction on the interior or what engine I;ll use. Time will tell.

DSCN4588.jpg

DSCN4584.jpg

Robert

Nice paint job, I'd say the "late 70s" would qualify as stalled... but idk? Hahaha

But seriously, cool paintjob.