Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

On 11/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, Snake45 said:

Good question! Let's say you have to have started it over a year ago, or let's say before the end of the year 2017. If you've been working on it that long, but not actively and continuously, I'd consider it "stalled." That sound fair?B)

I would have felt like I was a little bit of a cheater if I put the SVO in the hat.  Lol

I'll see if I can find something.

1 hour ago, rsxse240 said:

would have felt like I was a little bit of a cheater if I put the SVO in the hat. 

The way I see it... The challange is  just to get something finished by the end of the year. Holidays and cold weather (for me) is a big hurdle.  I'd go with it... No judgements, and no cheaters?

2 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

The way I see it... The challange is  just to get something finished by the end of the year. Holidays and cold weather (for me) is a big hurdle.  I'd go with it... No judgements, and no cheaters?

Oh, it'll be completed by the end of the year.  LOL.  I won't "enter" it into the group build.  I think I will dig out my F31 Leopard.  I will have to repair or re-do the paint again, but I could probably finish it pretty quickly.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:47 PM, Snake45 said:

Just remembered, I have an 80%+ finished '40 Ford I started over a decade ago that would also be a good candidate for completion. Will try to get a pic of it tomorrow. 

And here it is. Don't remember when I started it but it seems to be an early '90s boxing. Probably started it sometime in the '90s, or maybe early 2000s. At any rate, I haven't worked on it in a decade. 

All the hard work is done. I filled and rescribed the incorrect door line, and put a lot of work into making the hood fit (and then glued it solid). The "primer" is Model Master FS36231 Dark Gull Gray, the standard color of US military aircraft cockpits since the 1960s (and which I usually always have on hand and ready to airbrush), and will be the final finish. 

So with 85%+ of the work done, why isn't this finished yet? You have no idea of my ability to procrastinate. In fact, procrastination is one of my superpowers. I think sometimes I might have been bitten by a radioactive sloth as a teenager. 

40Ford03.jpg.e358045a86abbc731264b3e446466355.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, Snake45 said:

Hmmmm. Okay, let's say this is the "official" registration thread, where you post your interest and one pic of what you're going to finish, and then one pic of the completion. You can post your in-progress pics here if you want, or start a regular Workbench thread for them if you'd prefer. Similarly, you can post all your finished pics here or start a regular Under Glass thread for them if you want. How's that all sound? B)

Just since you asked the question, I'll put you down as the first "officially registered" builder. B) I see that Jantrix has posted a pic and declared, so he's officially in, too. Richard Bartrop has posted a pic with interest, so I'll pencil him in, too. B)

I still haven't decided between my '69 Nova and Camaro, and I have a couple other possibilities I could go with as well. Hmmmmmm....:wacko:

Can I play. I have so many in the "Deadpool", it's so hard to chose. I would like to enter this one. It's a Tommy Ivo Showboat that I've been trying to save. Started out as a gluebomb I acquired over thirty years ago. I have decided to go for the Twin engine Buick dragster as I could not save two of the engines (that's why it sat for all these years). Enclosed a pic of what I'm trying to replicate.     

twin_engine_buick_by_jetster1-d3jvgsk.jpg

Edited by magicmustang

On 11/5/2018 at 10:03 AM, disconovaman said:

Let's do it... I'll have to swing for the fences but I'll give it my best shot... This camaro is a Glue bomb I just scored and it is on the bench currently... but the blazer and a chopped 55 nomad are probably my goals by the end of the year.

20181105_100004.png

20181105_100031.png

I'm about to wrap up the camaro tomorrow odd and ends to do and It'll be finished... Then I'll be turning my attention full time on the Promad nomad. My decals came in the mail today so I'm eager to get serious on that one. Here is the camaro transformed...

Screenshot_20181116-232712.jpg

I can't remember when I started this but it's been quite a while.  Almost all my own resin:  body copied from the Orange Crate, skull gas tank highly modified from Jimmy Flintstone, tires, seats and valve covers from Indian die cast, wheels my custom from ?, etc.

post 1.jpg

post 2.jpg

post 4.jpg

Okay, thought it might be a good idea to post a quick roundup of where we are. 14 in so far--great participation! 

Richard Bartrop: '29 Ford

Disconovaman: '55 Nomad

89AKurt: '50 Chevy truck

Jantrix: '37 Ford (?) rod

Snake45: Get Smart Sunbeam Alpine and '40 Ford coupe

Lordmodelbuilder: '64 Chevy Blazer

Eric Macleod: Deusenberg

Scale Asylum: '64 Dodge 330

Junkyard Jeff: '41 Chevy truck

FordF-100: '67 LeMans

Vintageford: '49 Ford

Magicmustang: Tommy Ivo double Buick rail. FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!:D:D:D

Foxer: AA/Comp rail

GerN: '32 Ford

I'll be very pleased and proud if even half of these projects get done by the end of the year (including my own). Okay, fellas, let's GITTER DONE! B)

Hey!  You take my "Bring Out Your Dead" thread and use it to run over my annual Christmas Amnesty Group Build!   :D

I have a few current projects on the bench... the '30 Ford Phaeton ROG car,  the '63 Valiant stock car and a '57 Ford old custom restoration, that I need to get off before I can think straight.   I have lots of potential victims.

And I already have my Christmas Amnesty build picked.  

The "ET" Rat Rod is Awesome... It looks ready to display... 

The Lowmad paint scheme is cool but I'm not gonna copy the look exactly. I'm building my own Nomad drag car so I have some different colors and fades in mind. 

The decal sheet show silver trim around the top for those fender bulges so I cut the tops off some custom skirts from a 49/50 ford. they seem to have the same shape... bodywork,bodywork,bodywork.

The decals also have a painted grill and headlights so I filled those areas in as well. the details are mostly in those decals...a shout out to Slixx decals, they rock... I will be adding some of my decals too, like that 55 Chevy hood crest on the front and marker light decals.

Some of my color choices are 50's aqua, Daytona yellow, Purplelicous, Charcoal grey and Firey orange. I'll have to do some sprayouts to see which contrast the best.

Screenshot_20181118-095231.jpg

I'm trying some sprayouts just to see what I like... this is Blue Galaxie sprayed over Daytona yellow... if you want blue pearl on any color try this.. the can's directions says spray over black bacecoat but what's the fun in following directions... lol! anyways here is the  body with the first coat of primer, It's got a ways to go but I'll get it!

Screenshot_20181118-164524.jpg

Screenshot_20181118-165147.jpg

Well here's an update on the 330...

I've got the interior 90% complete. The body is prepped for paint, the chassis has been base coated.

20181118_210224.thumb.jpg.6533d217923c78f44b82e42e7054c75f.jpg

20181118_210522.thumb.jpg.46d75cdcc2a9733b75eebb0efc3361e0.jpg

It turned satisfactory... but not great.

I'm shooting for the week after next completion.15425946581296800299633913314430.thumb.jpg.e6244d06eb54dca65f8544f3b2551346.jpg

This will be done box stock, with the possible exception of plug wires...because it's a hemi lol.

5 hours ago, vintageford said:

Well, I must report!! The 49 is back in the box!! Will look for something new.

I have a 49 convertable I'm kicking around on the bench, I found it in a bunch of junk. not really a stalled project rather than an abandoned model kit, thinking about doin something with it but it's missing a bunch of parts... I might be able to save it by the end of the year. Any ideas what I could do with it? what you see is what I have...

Resized_20181103_222507.jpeg

24 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

I have a 49 convertable I'm kicking around on the bench, I found it in a bunch of junk. not really a stalled project rather than an abandoned model kit, thinking about doin something with it but it's missing a bunch of parts... I might be able to save it by the end of the year. Any ideas what I could do with it? what you see is what I have...

Resized_20181103_222507.jpeg

land speed car! motor set back about where the dash is, potvin blower in front of it. Driver set back in the back seat area. tonneau cover, funny car cage etc etc

I think my 49 is gonna be a land speed car after I get the 55 done... I'm rollin on it now, bodywork and paint is done. I have most of the decals on too. These pics kinda give away the final reveil but I like how it turned out so I desided to share with you guys here. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

received_203160393934805.jpeg

received_531498413992008.jpeg