Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

On 11/12/2018 at 5:00 AM, fordf-100 said:

I would like to enter this! I'm going to go with my 67 Lemans project, This is the first time I have entered something like this!

After posting the pictures I realized that the side chrome was completly wrong and so were the tailights so I started working on them yesterday.

image.thumb.jpg.aa0f43227a2708eb07348daa4020ecec.jpg

A quick update on the progress! Went with a new color, the side chrome is closer looking but not really accurate.

image.jpg

I want in too!?!  The subject matter is cars and trucks? 

All I have to do is dig around under my bench and see what

is do-able in that amount of time!?!?

Stalled a year or more you said, and that covers everything

I have that is started! LOL!!

They had to parole me sooner or later!!  Just kidding, nothing

that bad!!    Just woke up from my coma!!

David S.

1 hour ago, Superbird McMonte said:

Found 3 long lost bodies. If I remember correctly, they stalled while trying to scratch build bumpers for the green one. They need to be 71-72 style.

B463CF81-8A2A-4816-9793-47D676ADB9B6.jpeg

Great! Which one are you going to try to finish by the end of the year? 

I guess this could qualify as a stalled project. I took this pic in 2015, and was expecting to start on a restoration then--and several times since--but have actually gotten little if anything done on it.  It's a genuine survivor of mine, or what's left of it--first-issue MPC Mako Shark from 1966 or '67, painted in AMT Candy Oriental Blue. The paint is in horrible shape, but I'm not going to strip and repaint it, I'm keeping it as a relic of my teenage years. (I have a couple unpainted restorable glue bombs to do up good). 

The hangup has been the chassis--the original chassis was harvested 50 years ago for some other project. I was originally gonna slide it on a common AMT '63 Corvette reissue chassis, but that won't work. Second choice was to scratchbuild a simple slam/curbside-type chassis for it, which I keep putting off doing as too big a PITA. I just realized I might be able to get it on one of the glue bomb chassis (at least temporarily) without too much work, and have been putting forth effort in an attempt at such. We'll see how it goes. 

MakoShark02.jpg.2b915d90f4b7c312888b7ce4310bf18e.jpg

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I guess this could qualify as a stalled project. I took this pic in 2015, and was expecting to start on a restoration then--and several times since--but have actually gotten little if anything done on it.  It's a genuine survivor of mine, or what's left of it--first-issue MPC Mako Shark from 1966 or '67, painted in AMT Candy Oriental Blue. The paint is in horrible shape, but I'm not going to strip and repaint it, I'm keeping it as a relic of my teenage years. (I have a couple unpainted restorable glue bombs to do up good). 

The hangup has been the chassis--the original chassis was harvested 50 years ago for some other project. I was originally gonna slide it on a common AMT '63 Corvette reissue chassis, but that won't work. Second choice was to scratchbuild a simple slam/curbside-type chassis for it, which I keep putting off doing as too big a PITA. I just realized I might be able to get it on one of the glue bomb chassis (at least temporarily) without too much work, and have been putting forth effort in an attempt at such. We'll see how it goes. 

A slammer chassis should be a quick and easy, down and dirty deal to get done. Here's the one I did for a SS/GT Firebird, that would qualify for this thread.

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

IMG_1957cr.jpg

38 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

A slammer chassis should be a quick and easy, down and dirty deal to get done. Here's the one I did for a SS/GT Firebird, that would qualify for this thread.

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

Yup, that's pretty much what I've had in mind for MONTHS now, but the part I'm dreading is figuring out how to drill the axle holes to get them EXACTLY where I need them. :wacko:

Time for a status update: 

Richard Bartrop: '29 Ford

Disconovaman: '55 Nomad. SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Monster Blazer.

89AKurt: '50 Chevy truck

Jantrix: '37 Ford (?) rod

Snake45: Get Smart Sunbeam Alpine and '40 Ford coupe, maybe Mako Shark

Lordmodelbuilder: '64 Chevy Blazer

Eric Macleod: Deusenberg. THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Scale Asylum: '64 Dodge 330

Junkyard Jeff: '41 Chevy truck

FordF-100: '67 LeMans

Vintageford: '49 Ford shelved, looking for new project

Magicmustang: Tommy Ivo double Buick rail. FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Foxer: AA/Comp rail

GerN: '32 Ford

Superbird McMonte: '70 GSX

Mod3lLover: '60 (?) Corvette

On 11/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, Eric Macleod said:

The Duesenberg project is done. It should be posted under glass in a day or two.

The next dead one may be a project that may be a record,  I started it 38 years ago.

5 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

And I am going to tackle completion of the '30 Cord Phaeton Sedan...may the Force be with me!

So here it is, literally dragged out of the bottom of the pile. I started this one when I was 16, and my 54th birthday was 8 days ago, so nearly 38 years in the making. I have picked away at it ever since but my skill set has always lagged behind my vision for it. Since I started work Automodello produced a resin model so I was able to get ahold of a couple badly distressed parts cars. We'll see if I can get it over the finish line. Here is what I have today.

20181130_223331-1008x756.jpg

20181130_223311-1008x756.jpg

20181130_223225-756x1008.jpg