Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

3 hours ago, John Verkerk said:

I would be into getting some of these done ,here are a few of many....

They all look great. PIck one and I'll add you to the build list. GITTER DONE!B)

37 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

Sitting for a while. Interior done, paint needs finished, had the chassis done but decided to re work it. Engine needs wired, ram air system needs to be built.

pro touring GA 4.jpg

Are you declaring your intention to GITTER DONE by the end of the year? If so, I'll add you to the list. B)

35 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd hate to miss a step in the middle of the night on these stairs, YIKES!

I have stories.  You can't change your mind once you start.  Also a good drunk test for guests.

Back to topic, I am finishing another WIP that got started this year, so it doesn't count for this topic.  But when the creative bug bites me, everything else takes a back seat.  I have the tailgate inside done, but still need to make the chains, center tail light, jamb.  I have also worked on making the single driver seat correct.

IMG_8281.jpg

Edited by 89AKurt
add picture

39 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Bodywork on the main body is under way. I shot some primer on the bare body just to see how bad it actually is. I gotta say... it's not as bad as I thought, with a little smoothing out and a little filler it'll be ready for some paint.

Gettin r done...  well trying atleast! ?

Screenshot_20181215-134421.jpg

YOU GO, BOYEEEEE! GITTER DONE! B)

I just finished that nasty little IMC Beetle. Pics up soon, I hope. 

That's a good looking kit.  Always loved that car. Buick should've built more than just 276 Stage ones. The yellow is my favorite... I had a chance to buy a real GS back in the day, I passed on it... needed too much work. It was a street/strip car, (more strip than street).   It had a fiberglass hood, bumper, fenders, and roll cage. Pretty cool car though. 

My cousin was a big time Buick fan.   My aunt and uncle bought a 68 Buick skylark brand new.  They gave him the car when he turned 18. He turned it into an all out street racer. He had the transmission rebuilt at Motion Performance.  He pulled the transmission out at his house in Uniontown, Long Island New York.  He put it in a shopping cart and proceeded to push the card to Baldwin Long Island. Roughly 10 miles! 

48EF6E96-2DF7-4212-B7D9-EAD74338904C.jpeg

F3F3F0A5-2A86-4FC5-9F89-6FFEABE42466.jpeg

0675C88D-DA3D-41F3-B4BF-7ADD62ECC60D.jpeg

2176F4B8-5621-4DCC-AC8E-2FF1947E47CF.jpeg

15 hours ago, montelsc said:

Were did you get the wheels from ?? I could use a set of those

I got these from Fireball models, they are 69-70 Pontiac hubcaps. I know they are not correct for a 67 but I really liked them and thought they looked great. They are really good quality and very reasonably priced and they do come with a set of center decals.. They are just hubcap style so you do need wheel backs. He also offers some other Pontiac wheels!

December 17 Update: 

Richard Bartrop: '29 Ford

Disconovaman: '55 Nomad. SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Monster Blazer, MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!B)

89AKurt: '50 Chevy truck

Jantrix: '37 Chevy rod

Snake45: Mako Shark FOURTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! IMC VW Beetle FIFTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '40 Ford coupe, Get Smart Sunbeam Alpine

Lordmodelbuilder: '64 Chevy Blazer

Eric Macleod: Deusenberg. THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Scale Asylum: '64 Dodge 330

Junkyard Jeff: '41 Chevy truck

FordF-100: '67 LeMans

Vintageford: '49 Ford shelved, looking for new project

Magicmustang: Tommy Ivo double Buick rail. FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Foxer: AA/Comp rail

GerN: '32 Ford

Superbird McMonte: '70 GSX MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!B)

Mod3lLover: '59 Corvette

Dave Darby: '29 Ford

Doctory Larry: '7? Pontiac Grand Am

John Verkerk: Several good prospects—have you picked one to GITTER DONE?

Two weeks left, folks! Anyone else want in?