Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Fabulous! I think you're #6 of this round! GOTTER DONE! B)

Straightliner, we will withdraw you with honor. Don't want you to screw something up or produce substandard work just to GITTER DONE; I consider it a success that this thread has inspired you to make great progress on your model. Maybe you can GITTER DONE for Round 3, if we have one. B)

YOU GO, Disconovaman! GITTER DONE! B)

If there's a round three, I'm already in! Thank you for your understanding.

Since we've kicked into a new page, and since we've had a completion to celebrate, and since we're coming into the home stretch, time for an UPDATE:

Straightliner59: Junior Fuel Dragster STILL MAKING STEADY AND IMPRESSIVE PROGRESS! Withdrawn with honor after great effort—See you in Round 3!

Dave Branson: '70 Chevelle SIXTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Belugawrx: Castrol F1 MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

Mod3lLover: Mustang

Disconovaman: 36 Ford 5-window THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '55 Chevy MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

Junkyard Jeff: '41 Chevy truck

89AKurt: '48 Chevy truck “Canopy Express”

Modlbldr: '40 Ford “Starlet” FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '65/'96 Mustang MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

Snake45: '57 Corvette STILL MAKING STEADY PROGRESS! FINISH LINE IN SIGHT!

Lordmodelbuilder: '69 Camaro

Bobthehobbyguy: Tarantula dragster

Can-Con: '67 Bonneville MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

SuperbirdMcMonte: Jeep Honcho SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! '68 Hurst Olds FOURTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! '69 Hurst Olds FIFTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! TRIFECTA!

Geemoney: '34 Ford MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

Spex84: '59 Impala

Martin9428: '07 Shelby Mustang

Atmobile: Baja Bug VW

Kool Kat: '67 Mustang drag car

Only two days left in the month, gang. GITTER DONE! B)

Ok this was a paint experiment with my air brush. It was painted about 15 years ago and then put back in the box. Today got engine, seat, and a few other miscellaneous parts painted. Interior was installed and engine installed. This is where it is as of Friday. Will take a couple more hours to wrap up tomorrow.  Also need to work on getting some better pictures.  Got a new camera need to spend some time with it. Had to use my tablet which does not do very good pictures.

Hopefully there will be another round of completing stalled projects.

15539226768331759518971.jpg

YOU GO BOB! GITTER DONE! 

A simple declaration before midnight tomorrow (March 31) will be believed that you GOTTER DONE. We'll allow a couple days for DONE pics to be posted. 

It looks like there might be enough interest for Round 3. I've already picked out a couple projects. 

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

A simple declaration before midnight tomorrow (March 31) will be believed that you GOTTER DONE. We'll allow a couple days for DONE pics to be posted. 

This is good to hear!  I have a bit to do yet on my Mustang, but

I was hoping to get my name checked off!?!  "Oh the shame"!!!

David S.

28 minutes ago, mod3l Lover said:

This is good to hear!  I have a bit to do yet on my Mustang, but

I was hoping to get my name checked off!?!  "Oh the shame"!!!

David S.

Well, I will probably get my Vette Gasser done tomorrow but can't promise that I'll be able to take and post pics by tomorrow night. Since it's the weekend, we're allowing the full day (and evening if necessary) for completion work, and then hopefully everyone can get pics posted in the next two or three days. 

We're shooting for success here, for wins, which are counted in completions. GITTER DONE, fellas! 

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

YOU GO BOB! GITTER DONE! 

It looks like there might be enough interest for Round 3. I've already picked out a couple projects. 

Count me in for round 3!

I'm in on round 3 with my 55 Ford and 69 Chevelle maybe others as well.

I made some progress today... Final assembly! I have to relocate the radiator support and find my headlight lenses then it's done!

Our club challenge next month is "BOYD" so this thread has inspired guys who are in my local club too... (Not members here). after seeing my stalled builds get done it has got them wanting to get theirs done too! Gitter Done!

Screenshot_20190330-211337.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-211218.png

Screenshot_20190330-211303.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-211815.png

FABULOUS news, DNM! Looks like at least three of us will be crossing the finish line tomorrow, bringing the build total to nine--at least! Which is GREAT!

Also looks like there will be enough interest for a Round 3! B)

GITTER DONE! 

I'm calling my '57 Vette gasser DONE! Truthfully, it's more like a case of declaring victory and marching home. This thing fought me every step of the way, from the day over a decade ago I took its misbegotten 2-piece flip front body out of the box, to the paint job that took over two years to dry, to...you pretty much name it. The final straw was trying to mount the rear glass yesterday, which, like so much else in this kit, doesn't even come close to fitting. There's a lot more I'd like to do with it, such as add a rear push bar and parachute, and roll bar, and side windows, and so forth, but I'm just so tired of playing with it at this point I just buttoned it up without even doing the slightest detailing on the dashboard. Maybe someday. I just got it "done" enough to take pictures of something that looks like a whole car. I've got a couple other projects I'm VERY eager about moving on to, and I just can't deal with this wretched backbirth any more right now. So that makes me Number 7 of Round 2. GOTTER DONE! 

57VetteGreen43.jpg.26e9917a1cdba81b90ae12f015b4866e.jpg

I've finished another over 25 years Dead build... The 55 Chevy is finished in the style it was started in around the early 90's. Because it was missing a hood, my original plan was to build a Gasser. Due to popular vote I choose to go with the ProStreet look. Thanks to the loyalty of the members on here I was able to get a hood (thanks David).

I kept it simple because of time constraints But it was still a challange because of life and my complicated brain... hope I did the 55 Chevy proud, Thanks for you guy's support... Now It's time to get Round 3 started!I 

Before... and After.

Screenshot_20190331-200633.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-200752.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-200248.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-200034.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-200157.png