Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

1 hour ago, remingtonbox said:

I got lost as to when the next deadline is but... I am in with this: 

Next deadline is the end of June, so you've still got nearly 2 full months. I've added your name and project for the next posted update. Welcome aboard! GITTER DONE! 

Well 3 more days till I can order stuff i need i need for my mini freightshaker. 

So while digging thru another box of stuff i came across a decades old 1/87 ho 302 mini boss i finally got to.

It'll most likely be done before the truck it will also get 70's period cragars dual exhaust. 

Painted it with tru-color rio grande aspen gold as it's the closest I could find to boss higher orange/yellow.

So here's the pics just laid the paint on tonight interior tub is next then chassis.

Still need to p0aint the inner body of the car now. 

IMG_20190506_231456.jpg

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

7 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Well 3 more days till I can order stuff i need i need for my mini freightshaker. 

So while digging thru another box of stuff i came across a decades old 1/87 ho 302 mini boss i finally got to.

It'll most likely be done before the truck it will also get 70's period cragars dual exhaust. 

Painted it with tru-color rio grande aspen gold as it's the closest I could find to boss higher orange/yellow.

So here's the pics just laid the paint on tonight interior tub is next then chassis.

Still need to p0aint the inner body of the car now. 

IMG_20190506_231456.jpg

Okay, W9, I'm officially putting you down for this, and here's the Page 25 update: 

Round 3: FINISH DATE JUNE 30 2019

RobertW: Hasegawa Lockheed Neptune

Straightliner59: Junior Fueler Dragster MAKING STEADY PROGRESS!

BelugaWRX: Wolf WR1

Mod3lLover: Mustang

Dave Branson: Fujimi BMW H5

NAFAW9: HO scale Boss 302, HO scale Freightliner

Geemoney: ’34 Ford

Disconovaman: Probably some kind of pickup—’55 Ford?

Bobthehobbyguy: ’32 Ford 5-window

Bandit1: Peterbilt 377

Prostreeter69: ’48 Ford

Snake45: ’66 Chevelle, '65 Riviera MAKING GOOD PROGRESS!

SuperbirdMcMonte: '70 Monte Carlo FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Austin Gasser

Modlbldr: '65 Mustang

Cdubya: '55 Chevy

JunkyardJeff: '34 Ford truck

RemingtonBox: Nissan GTR

On 5/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, remingtonbox said:

I got lost as to when the next deadline is but... I am in with this: 

I just checked my stash, I no longer have this model for whatever reason so I have ordered the parts to start over.  It'll be bigger and better this time.

27 minutes ago, Superbird McMonte said:

I ended up installing micro magnets in the firewall and hood. I just couldn’t get a decent gap and make it easy to open at the same time. These worked real well!

Improvise! Adapt! Overcome! GITTER DONEB)

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Taxi!  The correct shape for a London Cab... yea, I know they mostly are black

Tom, when are you going to jump into one of our BOYD builds? You still have about 7 weeks to get in on this round. I KNOW you have a Shelf of Doom somewhere! C'mon, GIT SOMETHING DONE! B):D

26 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Tom, when are you going to jump into one of our BOYD builds? You still have about 7 weeks to get in on this round. I KNOW you have a Shelf of Doom somewhere! C'mon, GIT SOMETHING DONE! B):D

I’ve finished more models this year than in several previous years!  I’ve also been busy with NNL East and a new job all at the same time.  I may get back to the bench

8 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

Fresh out of orange and clear coat, it looked a little hazy.

9509E531-E21D-41F4-A008-935BAFCE2012.thumb.jpeg.a61e4e26e36e1ffdb28e2c5b85b7a311.jpeg

765BF214-5DE5-40A5-83F3-71F6B2E38C37.thumb.jpeg.1ca777b30bfb74c9d59ea6e94060b7d0.jpeg

After a little Novus polish, it looks fantastic!

04587D40-5FC4-4EA0-8E82-C5C05F56294A.thumb.jpeg.97967641146071dfae188b5fdd771e04.jpeg

A60B6CFF-D9C3-4487-88A8-AC18DC290842.thumb.jpeg.68e3efc435d8c52d54bd501370dc641b.jpeg

I’m a little ahead of my own schedule now! Maybe she will be done by Sunday night!??

F57EBE6D-A23E-4F90-A872-B3AE3ECF9FD7.thumb.jpeg.43b4a941ae169c3f7eca8ba7a1785519.jpeg

Well done that is really nice, I don't think I have ever seen a better looking Austin. 

3 hours ago, cdubya said:

Gotter done! More pics in "Under Glass"20190511_114410_resized.thumb.jpg.3b089ca7ffbda441b4455f3544c0176e.jpg

Very Most Way Excellent! GOTTER DONE!  I've noted you as SECOND COMPLETION for the next update of The List. Are you going to try to finish another one by the deadline? 

1 hour ago, cdubya said:

Thanks, Snake. I don't have any more kits started right now. Got a few projects around the house first. 

Don't sweat it. It was good to have you on board for Round 3. Maybe you'll find something else that would apply on down the road sometime. Good luck with your projects! B)

Little bit of progress on mini Stang got the primary interior coat of aircraft interior black shot. 

Found another set of rubber for the cragars that give the car that 70's period big-n-little look. 

Let me know what you think. 

And the freightliner is being held up due to postal service hope the rest of the part's I need get here that way I can get 2 of the many done. 

Anyways here's the big-n-little test shot of mini Stang. 

IMG_20190513_003112.jpg