Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

2 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

I’m leaning towards the 1958 Impala convertible. It was a close second so I guess I’ll throw that in the ring as next!

Okay, I'll note it. You already posted a pic of it in your "other" thread so we know it's a real thing, but wouldn't hurt to post an "as it is now" pic of it here too. GITTER DONE! B)

New page, new update: 

Round 3: FINISH DATE JUNE 30 2019

RobertW: Hasegawa Lockheed Neptune

Straightliner59: Junior Fueler Dragster STILL MAKING PROGRESS! 

BelugaWRX: Wolf WR1

Mod3lLover: Mustang

Dave Branson: Fujimi BMW H5

NAFAW9: HO scale Boss 302, HO scale Freightliner MAKING PROGRESS!

Geemoney: ’34 Ford

Disconovaman: Probably some kind of pickup—’55 Ford?

Bobthehobbyguy: ’32 Ford 5-window

Bandit1: Peterbilt 377

Prostreeter69: ’48 Ford

Snake45: ’66 Chevelle, '65 Riviera MAKING GOOD PROGRESS ON BOTH!

SuperbirdMcMonte: '70 Monte Carlo FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Austin Gasser THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '58 Impala

Modlbldr: '65 Mustang

Cdubya: '55 Chevy SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

JunkyardJeff: '34 Ford truck

RemingtonBox: Nissan GTR

Tom Geiger: '50 Ford pickup

Edited by Snake45

12 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Oh what the heck....

5cda234bce03a_1950FORD.jpg.7c90eb213695ba7bd4774d3cf4751b21.jpg

1950 Ford pickup that's been sitting forever.  Paint is surely dry!   I will start working on it.  Note the custom bed and roof.  This will be interesting.

Good deal, Tom, and welcome aboard! I've added your name and project to the update above, just since we're still in the editing window. GITTER DONE! B)

Bad mojo mini Stang is going from street boss to racing Stang went to add the headlight bezels. 

They ended up being to big measure twice cut once didn't take my own advice got a setback out of it. 

Uuuuuuuuugh  back to the drawing board. 

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

1 hour ago, Superbird McMonte said:

D776E856-7668-4E8D-A261-15E8C0F78879.jpeg.4570a3382d87d7c82543c5dd14f43035.jpegI have a couple of Riviera hood castings to send you. ?

Send me your address.

Fabulous! The PM system here doesn't work for me. Email me at SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com and I'll send it to you. 

I hope to have pictures before morning. Just a quick update: I almost have the rollcage padding finally done/fixed. Installed spark plugs, yesterday. I think I am finally getting close to mounting the body...I think! It seems to be one step forward and one or two back, lately. I did take a couple of days off, from this project while I was installing the duct work for my spray booth (at long last!) and getting my resistance soldering unit up and running. Back on the dragster, now.

Okay got the picture thing figured out so here's my newest update not much but still something.

Should have this truck done in time as my mustang is in the box to figure out what to do with it since I screwed up the nose area on it. 

So the mini Driptroit 8V71 arrived with  the fuller lone roadranger transmission hehehehehe. 

Also got a can of Driptroit alpine green from Napa for the engine which will be decanted and sprayed thru my pasche airbrush. IMG_20190518_005217.thumb.jpg.9cf488ba9491eef3bdc6cf21bfa8490a.jpg 

Engine/trans by itself then tested in the frame yes i do have suspension for this truck just taking time as it's multi piece.

Still working on the rear axles for mini freightshaker. 

IMG_20190518_005424.jpg

IMG_20190518_005533.jpg

23 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Way cool SL59

22 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

The dragster is coming along nicely.

Thanks, Vince and Bob! It is much appreciated. As Snake says: I gotta "GITTER DONE!"

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I'm beginning to have hope for you! GITTER DONE! 

I'm beginning to have a little hope, myself. Was hoping to get some done, this morning, but, heavy snow (Yeah, on May 20-21!) took out the power while I was at work, and it wasn't on, until I got up at 2:30, this afternoon. I really could have used the therapy, this morning!

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, dave branson said:

Here is an update on my BMW, had to strip the primer , it was real gritty .  I resprayed with Tamiya White primer, changed the color I was going to use, the Tru-Color Raspbery pearl was to dark so I went with MCW Raspberry Metaillic. Interior was painted with 2 different colors of brown from Tamiya Spray cans. Hope to have finished next week

050.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

046.JPG

045.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

finished the BMW today

001 (3).JPG

011.JPG

015.JPG

028.JPG

Couldn't decide on which Trailer for this western Freightshaker so this was the easiest to get caught up with the truck this trailer lord is 8 maybe 9 years old or older.

Also cored out the reefer exhaust with a #80 drill bit. 

Stripped the original paint off did some other work to it didn't realize how many if these trailers I have lying around waiting. 

Also painted mini Driptroit in genuine Detroit Alpine green went in real nice, thin and smooth lots coming in next couple week's. 

Onto the pics. 

IMG_20190525_005042.jpg

IMG_20190525_005047.jpg

IMG_20190525_005054.jpg