Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

Got the paint after having to have the pink redone. The 1st batch they sent wasn’t even pink but they quickly replaced it with the correct color. Also picked up some Duplicolor primer just to be sure I have a good barrier for the heavy duty thinner the paint requires. (I don’t know if the Tamiya primer would work)
Got most of the leaks plugged in my air compressor. Been working on smoothing out the front bumper before the Alclad  chrome and body has been prepped for primer. And check out the engine detail! 😁3EE4DE55-F0A2-42D4-951D-F3F87DA0A517.thumb.jpeg.e3fc04b6dbdf92a9bb3cf9ba217ea1bd.jpegF382CBDB-A564-49C8-BBB0-5BEEF8DEF4CF.thumb.jpeg.9f33e21a5740bbcf2ebc07e828d009b4.jpeg

These folks came with the model and had been misplaced. Check out the herring bone pattern on the seat.229CED04-F103-4562-940B-D4CDE3F79AAC.thumb.jpeg.d1742cb6c600a6d75ad0944628df42b5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, dave branson said:

Snake put me in with this PT Cruiser try to get it done this time. Started this when it first came out, trying to make it look like something Chip Foose would ddo if he built one of these. Body was lowered on chassis and body was painted with  MCW Panther Pink. Rims & Tires are from Fujimi. Finished the PT Cruiser.

006.JPG

IMG_3940.JPG

001.JPG

009.JPG

004 (2).JPG

010.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG

100_3886.JPG

100_3887.JPG

100_3888.JPG

100_3889.JPG

100_3885.JPG

Dave, looks like you're calling the PT Cruiser finished, so, THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! B)

Looks like we're due for an update, so here it is: 

ROUND 11: FINISH DATE JUNE 30, 2021

Misha: Chopped T coupe Altered

Ksnow: '77 Camaro MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

Nzanglia: '65 Mustang modified FIRST COMPLETION GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Bumblebee MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

Whosurdaddy209: 1/12 '67 Vette SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

#1 Model Citizen: '56 Chrysler

Tom Geiger: '53 Studebaker Gullwing

Tim J: Ferrari Testarossa

Pat Minarick: Dodge Magnum MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

Snake45: '70 Corvette

Straightliner59: Don Edmunds Modified

Dave Branson: Chrysler PT Cruiser THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Reactivating '10 Mustang GT MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

17 hours ago, dave branson said:

I am jumping back in with a Revell 2010 Mustang Convertible. 

100_3548.JPG

100_3550.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

100_3551.JPG

100_3553.JPG

100_3584.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_4893.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

Looking great David....it's pretty amazing how good the detail is on the underside is on the Revell Snaptite model;  and you did an excellent job finishing it off.

Oooops. Forgot to post my update photos of bumblebee. First time in Decades that I had to use Humbrols Maskol to masks off the metallic parts of the hands to spray the yellow for the middle sections of the fingers. 

IMG_20210508_155945.jpg

IMG_20210508_155953.jpg

IMG_20210508_160004.jpg

IMG_20210508_160032.jpg

After 4 weeks on the road for work, I finally got back to the model bench. Got the first mockup done. The paint crackled a bit on the passenger side, will have to repaint that side. I am planning on painting the chin spoiler flat black. Not sure if I will add bumpers of any sort. The stock bumpers from the kit are absolutely horrible. The nerf bumpers need a ton of work to fit right also, but at least they would look halfway decent. 

1622151949111-1532221387.jpg

Some great work going on guys and congratulations to those who have gotter done so far. There hasn't been much progress on the Ferrari but I have got some white primer on ready for the red top coats.

Im still attempting to do something, i just recently had to pack up and move on Easter Sunday of all days, so in the next few days ill try to find something for the next round or try to find and locate that 377 and plastruct sheet i was working on or something?😪

I am really hoping to get mine buttoned up. I have to repaint the body, too much orange peel for me to accept. And another road trip popped up for me, so I may run out of time. With luck I'll get the body painted tomorrow, then its just final assembly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 9:49 PM, dave branson said:

Here is some better pictures

Congratulations on getting the Mustang done! It looks great!

I’ve been plugging along with my Studebaker.  But every time I get a step done, I find something else that doesn’t fit!

7 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Congratulations on getting the Mustang done! It looks great!

I’ve been plugging along with my Studebaker.  But every time I get a step done, I find something else that doesn’t fit!

That's been plaguing me, too. That, and getting an assembly nearly completed,  then breaking part of it. I suppose it's time to admit that this one will have to spill over into the next round. I've had to extend every one, but, this thread has really helped me stay focused on a project. This will be my fourth completed project,  thanks to this thread!

On 6/22/2021 at 9:49 PM, dave branson said:

Here is some better pictures

8.JPG

Congratulations, Dave, you're our FOURTH COMPLETION this round! GOTTER DONE and quite nicely, too! Got you down for the Bad Medicine and good luck getting it done this weekend. B)

No pix because I’m at my daughter’s today.  My Studebaker Gullwing is coming along.  Chassis is sitting on the bench with all four wheels mounted. Of course one axle mount broke.. twice, and I had to do some corrective surgery.

I believe all body parts are in final primer. Every time I thought so, I’d find more little things to fix.  At this point, I don’t think it will get any better! I gave the underside of the hood first coat of red to test out the paint. 

There are still fit issues from it being my first major kit bash nearly 25 years ago, but we’re just gonna rock with it.  

Edited by Tom Geiger
Did I tell ya I hate spellcheck?

2 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

There are still fit issues from it being my first major kit bash nearly 25 years ago, but we’re just gonna rock with it.  

That's the whole point of the BOYD builds! B) Drive on! GITTER DONE!