Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

16 hours ago, fordf-100 said:

I got these from Fireball models, they are 69-70 Pontiac hubcaps. I know they are not correct for a 67 but I really liked them and thought they looked great. They are really good quality and very reasonably priced and they do come with a set of center decals.. They are just hubcap style so you do need wheel backs. He also offers some other Pontiac wheels!

Thanks for the info going to look for them

The GSX is looking great! I'm still chasing bodywork and I desided the color on the stripes needed white behind the decal to brighten them up. I'm in the middle of that work also. Working til midnight at my job takes alot of time away from my bench too so "Here and there and when I can" is stalling me at the moment, I'll get there though.

21 hours ago, disconovaman said:

The GSX is looking great! I'm still chasing bodywork and I desided the color on the stripes needed white behind the decal to brighten them up. I'm in the middle of that work also. Working til midnight at my job takes alot of time away from my bench too so "Here and there and when I can" is stalling me at the moment, I'll get there though.

Thanks disconovaman!

Foil is done. Working on the ride height. Out of the box, the rear sits too low.

This is box height. And bellow that is shimmed to the way I like it.

91DA25E7-D13F-47E9-BFBA-DD839E15BA89.jpeg

030635BD-C730-497D-880B-F22F5172FBD4.jpeg

On 12/13/2018 at 2:13 AM, disconovaman said:

The 70's called...

Screenshot_20181213-021044.jpg

I'm struggling! Not really sure if I'll finish unless I change directions drastically.

I wasn't satisfied with the hood decals they had too much mint between the colors and with these clear decals being transparent, they weren't bright enough. So I've re-done them three times and have yet to be happy with them.

I'm may have to make a shocking change to get it done by Dec 31.

Sorry to keep stringing everyone along... The pictures are of the last two times I've re-done it.

Screenshot_20181223-200244.jpg

Screenshot_20181223-185215.jpg

43 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

I'm struggling! Not really sure if I'll finish unless I change directions drastically.

I'm may have to make a shocking change to get it done by Dec 31.

I respect your commitment to GITTIN ER DONE! B)  and the spirit of the build. Since most people have off New Year's Day and would be able to work on models that day, I'm extending the deadline to midnight, January 1. Just post that you GOTTER DONE before midnight January 1/2 and post finished pics before the end of the week and I'll officially deem you having finished by the end of the year. Does that help? B)

Would it help you to GITTER DONE to leave off the decals for now and just get it together and "driveable"? You can always go back and put them on at your leisure later. Does that help? B)

Buick GSX is done!

This kit for its age goes together very easily. I ran into no fit issues. The only thing I had a problem with was mounting the front and rear bumpers. There is no positive mounting points.  

Other than that, ajust the right height and you have a beautiful model of a beautiful car! 

9E537D32-CF8E-4161-A895-6A517F487E2E.thumb.png.cf1e63e4c6e8c1015f06a53f6ddbd7de.png

332AA7CF-E34E-48F6-97C2-D0DD21BF410E.thumb.png.1a7b0b2c19603a3ed2d63cab588be654.png70B0EFEE-A3C4-4C87-B1D8-666C9EE50302.thumb.png.0e31d10939d73c8bddfdf9e5b47f84c8.png

I’ll post the rest of my pictures on the under glass section.

Thanks for the boost in getting this one done!

Fabulous! B) And just in time for the final Weekly Update: 

Richard Bartrop: '29 Ford

Disconovaman: '55 Nomad. SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Monster Blazer, STILL MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!

89AKurt: '50 Chevy truck. MAKING PROGRESS

Jantrix: '37 Chevy rod

Snake45: Mako Shark FOURTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! IMC VW Beetle FIFTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '40 Ford coupe, Get Smart Sunbeam Alpine

Lordmodelbuilder: '64 Chevy Blazer

Eric Macleod: Deusenberg. THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Scale Asylum: '64 Dodge 330

Junkyard Jeff: '41 Chevy truck

FordF-100: '67 LeMans

Vintageford: '49 Ford shelved, looking for new project

Magicmustang: Tommy Ivo double Buick rail. FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Foxer: AA/Comp rail

GerN: '32 Ford

Superbird McMonte: '70 GSX SIXTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Mod3lLover: '59 Corvette

Dave Darby: '29 Ford

Doctory Larry: '7? Pontiac Grand Am

John Verkerk: Several good prospects—have you picked one to GITTER DONE?

Belugawrx: '49 Merc

One week left till the end of the year! Since most people have New Years Day off and could use it for modeling, I'm extending the deadline one full day. If you post that you GOTTER DONE by midnight January 1/2, and get at least one pic posted by the end of the week, I will by Executive Order deem that you officially GOTTER DONE in 2018. Does that help anyone? 

Now get back out there and GITTER DONE! B)

On 12/24/2018 at 6:31 PM, Snake45 said:

[...] 89AKurt: '50 Chevy truck. MAKING PROGRESS

[...]

Now get back out there and GITTER DONE! B)

Yea I hear ya!  Today I spent about 7 hours, re-doing the vac-form parts.  This is why I hardly get anything done. It's also why this project was sitting in the box for so many years, can say I have jumped over this hurdle without doing a faceplant.

IMG_8972_Fotor.jpg