Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Chevy Pick up truck Re issue 2018

Somebody got your hopes up by using that image of the original annual box....I doubt it was Round2.

It's the 90s-era short bed Fleetside that is being re-issued with the go-kart from the '63 Ford pickup annual included.   

The kart is a combination of original tooling and some portions that had to be re-tooled.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

Wow! Thanks! Inspiring boxart I like it...  I was told the "Moderen" tooled Amt 60 was gonna be re-issued, and I'd heard that they were working on adding a go-cart to the kit, or the soapbox derby car from the 68 Elcamino re-issue. (long before the yellow version was released). I wasn't sure if it was true but that boxart looks convincing. I was puzzled by that original 60 Chevy boxart but excited to see if would happen. I'm sure that tooling is long gone by now anyway.

I would've liked to seen Round 2 re-issue the custom issue 60 chevy (it had those flame wheels and big brakes) with a Re design on the decal sheet like they always do would've been cool... I'm in for whatever comes out though... I've had plenty of these kits over the years. I owned 2 real ones also a 60 and a 61. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this in the 2019 Auto World catalog I got in today's mail. I hadn't heard about this being reissued until then. And to see it's being reissued with Go Kart and in old style box art. This one moves up to a must have for me. 

Does anybody know anything about the Go Kart itself? Is this a reissue of the that appeared with several AMT pickup truck models in the early-to-mid 60's? Or is it something totally new? 

IMG_3094.JPG

Just now, unclescott58 said:

Does anybody know anything about the Go Kart itself? Is this a reissue of the that appeared with several AMT pickup truck models in the early-to-mid 60's? Or is it something totally new? 

The kart is a "partial reissue".  It's the same one as found in the '63 Ford pickup. but some of the parts were missing and had to be re-tooled.  The Bonneville streamliner body won't be included in this kit 

1 hour ago, pack rat said:

The kart is a "partial reissue".  It's the same one as found in the '63 Ford pickup. but some of the parts were missing and had to be re-tooled.  The Bonneville streamliner body won't be included in this kit 

I wonder if the Bonneville streamline body could make an appearance in another somewhere down the road? I have my doubts. Between retooling the body, and I don't really see another truck kit that would match the '60 Chev in theme. Oh well. At least we're getting the basic Go Kart back. And that's cool with me. 

15 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Oh well. At least we're getting the basic Go Kart back. And that's cool with me. 

Just think of all of the cool accessories/kits we have seen brought out in the last couple of years- The snow patrol snowmobile, the soap box derby car, the dirts bikes from the 70's,the Rupp mini bike and now the go cart! Now if they bring back the lawn tractor last seen in the old Indy car kits we would have pretty much all of them!

That Dune Buggy is a Revell Kit. I have 2 of them.  It is a simple but sharp Snap Kit, with some really nice Offroad Wheels and Tires.  I too would like to see Revell bring that kit back out.  I think that the Buggy plus a trailer would make a nice stand alone kit now, to compliment the Moebius Pick up kits.

I have this boxing of the Buggy and a Blazer. Truly a unique kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1041862-revell-6508-4x4-chevy-blazer

Edited by alexis

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, unclescott58 said:

I wonder if the Bonneville streamline body could make an appearance in another somewhere down the road? I have my doubts. Between retooling the body, and I don't really see another truck kit that would match the '60 Chev in theme. Oh well. At least we're getting the basic Go Kart back. And that's cool with me. 

Scott.....don't give up hope just yet.  In the interim, there's the Replicas and Miniatures rebop…...TIM