Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck accident last night in Arizona

A friend of mine owns his own trucking company! I help him work on trucks and drive from time to time. Got a text from him this morning about one of his drivers outside of Phoenix had an accident last night around 2:am. 

He was running down the highway at 70mph, at the same time a pickup pulling an enclosed trailer with a dune buggy in it came uncoupled from the pickup and went over the bridge landing below in the line of Mark and his rig. No time to react and took a direct hit! Truck is a 2006 and is destined to be totaled by the insurance company! Mark is ok! Thank God! Rattled his cage mentally and a bit shook up over it. Damned lucky the he was a second or two later! Had things happened with a tighter time gap this could of ended up coming through the windshield and hurting him if not taking him from this world!!

This pic was last night taken by Mark to send to my friend Eric. “Um... Boss? I ahh had a problem!” 

D6D2CAF6-AF76-435E-944E-BEA58A3EC941.thumb.jpeg.f810e814e5a0808d0c122fe51bb4a387.jpeg

Photo taken this morning by Mark as well. You can see the side of the trailer where the enclosed trailer spun and punched through the trailer as well. Trailer is fixable and will continue service on the road! 

35C4EA93-715E-40FC-9D34-35E5DF502C6B.thumb.jpeg.17ad80b27b6fe012c6158c22d07af4a6.jpeg

To any drivers on the forum! Be safe!!!!

Edited by DrKerry

Yeah that would of been one rude awakening for sure! To have an enclosed trailer drop from the sky and no time to react!! Yikes!! 

Eric left to go to Phoenix to grab the trailer and bring it back, insurance totaled the truck and will go to salvage in the Phoenix area. I don’t think Eric will have it hauled back here at all...

Thanks gents!! Glad he’s ok too! Didn’t get a scratch from it! Sore chest from seat belt and right wrist from holding steering wheel. Far cry better compared to whatbit could of been!! Like I said earlier if that trailer fell even one second later than it did it could of gone through the cab!! 

Not sure if the dune buggy was like a sand rail or the VW type or what it was. Even still a fifth wheel enclosed trailer packs a punch even empty!!