Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevelle Station Wagon done stock(interior update 1/12/18)

66belair

OK Mike you went and did it! I've been watching this thread and everything is coming along so nice, I went and bought a conversion set from Norm when I saw him at the MAMA Christmas party last weekend! Don't know when I'd get to it, but I'm a big believer in when one sees something in the aftermarket and they like and can buy it..........DO SO!

It can disappear in a flash and then you're stuck paying a crazy price on eBay one day. ;)

22 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

OK Mike you went and did it! I've been watching this thread and everything is coming along so nice, I went and bought a conversion set from Norm when I saw him at the MAMA Christmas party last weekend! Don't know when I'd get to it, but I'm a big believer in when one sees something in the aftermarket and they like and can buy it..........DO SO!

It can disappear in a flash and then you're stuck paying a crazy price on eBay one day. ;)

You are right sir. I’ve had this conversion for s awhile. I would like another one. The first one I tried I used thenparts from the El Camino. The resin hood fits better. I now need the 6cyl engine they have listed in the info sheets included with the parts.

Interior is almost done, still need steering column and column shifter. Flicked the carpeted areas and used actual GM Turquoise interior dye for color. This was suppose to finished for a club build but it didn’t make it. Hope that it will be done by next weekend so I can take it the show in White Pine.

1DD4A68B-E733-44F4-BC8F-CD83B997F597.jpeg

60CF21BB-AF68-4A45-8E92-08C332E32268.jpeg

57 minutes ago, kelson said:

Real nice work,i like the interior choice,instead of the typical black interior.

Thanks, I really wanted something different on this build. My last one was the typical black. Just not moving as fast as I would like.

• 3 months later...

Well I have had so much going the last few months I’m finally getting close to finishing. I have the interior done. Carpet is flicked and I made a column shifter for the power glide. Engine is mounted and starting to mock up the exhaust which is one of the hurdles in my way. I’m not much of a scratch builder. Brought some the shine down on some of the chrome trim, most of the trim on these old cars wasn’t that bright new. I used some Testors semi gloss clear, will do the grill next.

64CAC4EB-E5B8-4A27-93C8-88B0371FA47D.jpeg

54130804-6BD2-4DF3-913A-DF1B40F9D64A.jpeg

E2C8DA0B-0146-48CB-A1A9-D15B05797AAC.jpeg

E28FFC59-A95C-43AB-946A-EB8C6914EE1B.jpeg

67BEB46A-26AB-4573-8F91-48933D55DCB5.jpeg

Edited by 66belair
Update

• 3 weeks later...

I like the informations about the parts you could use for a stock built. thats really interesting!

The interior color looks beautiful.

But, in my opinion, the metallic flakes looking too "big" on the body. I might go wrong, on the last Picture it Looks like a rock to me, it Looks strange :huh:. Is it your makro mode on the camera?