Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 ford

Ryansrust6

Gasser all the way... I already have the gasser wagon, now I just need to buy the kit you have and do some kit bashing.... I was thinking about using the 427 from the Revell thunderbolt kit and some other parts to make it all come together.... I'll be watching yours!!!!

Thanks for starting that build..... ??

I have built a couple of these and the Wagon also. They are great kits. If you are going to lower the front ride height you might want to look at how the fender well area was changed on the wagon kit as it's more accurate in that area. There is not a lot of room in the front fender wells on the 1:1 or the kit if you lower the suspension very much the top of your tire is going to bottom out on the top of the wheel well and the lower rear area of the inner fender apron is wrong on the coupe but closer to correct on the wagon. Should you use wide tires this problem becomes worse. As for built models I built one of the 1:1 Ford coupe I owned years ago that was just like the kits 312 single 4 barrel with 3 speed and overdrive. Another was an Out of Box Duel Quad coupe. For the third one I added the Hardtop Roof from an old AMT kit to make a base model Hardtop phantom. I'd google '57 Ford and see what all they have for pictures.  

16 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Just wondering, what does "Bent Eight" mean?

Hey Rich, I was hoping someone would answer that knew exactly, but I do believe it has something to do with the block or piston configuration of this particular V8. The decals were kit supplied so I just used them.

1 minute ago, shoopdog said:

Hey Rich, I was hoping someone would answer that knew exactly, but I do believe it has something to do with the block or piston configuration of this particular V8. The decals were kit supplied so I just used them.

Yeah, I've had the kit since it came out, just never figured what that meant.

I think the "Bent Eight" moniker refers to the fact that the Ford, as with most others" were not an inline or straight eights. Think of the Buick straight eight for example. Beyond that I think who ever made up this name is a big scrabble player.