Model Cars Magazine Forum

Social media model building groups..

Againmikewins

Anyone else notice how controlling and how much "authority" the mods in Facebook groups are when it comes to their pages and groups? 

Lots of people in the groups are also incredibly salty towards each other. I've left several groups in the past week because of it. 

This hobby is supposed to be fun, not a bunch of middle aged guys acting like children or grade school safety patrollers. 

51 minutes ago, Russell C said:

Facebook has model vehicle building groups? *

* (showing my ongoing lack of understanding of how FB works or what its larger purpose is, beyond posting personal announcements and 'thumbs-ups' for funny cat videos)

Yea believe it or not!  I saw our friend who posted something about cat videos.  :rolleyes:

People who start any group on Fakebook has every right to control them as much as they want.  It would be stupid to allow a group to be a free-for-all, but there is one that allows flamewars, I guess to give people a chance to vent.  I don't think the Porsche group wants to see your '57 Chevy or '32 Ford hot rods, and that might be why no Porsches are in the hot rod groups.  Just sayin', as if this really needs to be pointed out?

Aren't there Administrators for this forum who sort of control things such as the use of words like BLAH BLAH and BLAH?  I do like how this forum is run, and we seem to behave good enough.  I keep having to remind myself what Thumper's mom told him (I have a meme for that).

And now that I've been thrown in Fakebook jail for 3 days, you will have to put up with more of me.  :P

I'm only in a couple of guitar related groups on fb. I don't post much at all on fb, pretty much just lurk. 

I'm far more active on instagram. That one is just pictures, no drama or nonsense.

As for facebook admins being controlling of the groups they've created? Well of course! If i create a group, I want to see what I want to see . It's MY group. And if you're not following MY rules in MY group, beat it.

Facebook, forums, whatever. They're not a democracy. Nor should they be. Come to my house and act like a jerk, you'll be asked to leave.