Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Domino's Toyota

Jim N

I wanted to challenge myself with this one.  It is a 2006 - 2007 Revell Monte Carlo that I converted to a Toyota.  Since this was still the era of common templates, the Monte Carlo could be used to build this or the Ford.  To build the Toyota, I had to remove all of the Monte Carlo detail (grill and headlight treatment) from the front of the car.  Then I shortened the hood in the front and then added the piece I cut off to the front fascia.  I added the little bump to the hood and front fascia with strip styrene.  I layered a couple of pieces and then finished shaping with body putty.  On the back of the car, I extended the rear bumper out with 0.30 sheet styrene and then added the rear tail light element as the Toyotas this area extend out as well.  I then reshaped the rear fascia so it looked like the race car.  Lastly, I reshaped the rear 3/4 windows.  All of the underpinnings are stock from the Monte Carlo kit.  The paint is a Dupli-Color metallic blue and the decals are Powerslide.  Thanks for looking.

image.png.0116fdb191b61bb0fffefe8f1255d0d9.png

image.png.380d3b2621a6eed7c11a974706f4ba7a.png

image.png.f2f4239ff8eb982d1a5d31ae5a91771b.png

image.png.ceb70de2727dff7eb0d0c9398d0f53a2.png

image.png.4f93ae4b45744975476108a46d76c0a0.png

image.png.a1e6bc45130139cc3b9f46027a6634b1.png

Thanks for the comments guys.  I appreciate it. 

Ed, you are correct.  Mike's decal site listed the car as an 06 and that's what I went with.

I agree Mark.  From what I understand Revell wanted to do the Toyota but Toyota wouldn't give them the rights.

19 hours ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Jim,

No big deal about the year..................question...................who is the driver on your build? I see rookie stripes on the back.......................

Ed, David Reutimann was the driver of the car.

• 2 weeks later...