Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa 1966 American Lowrider Type C

fumi

I like this kit and the subject matter.  However, I'm not happy that this reissue is a lowrider only option and molded in strange colors.  For the price the original molded in white version is selling on ebay, I'd rather just save up a little more and get the Johan promo.

The '65 Impala has my interest as well, but something about the side window profile where it slants down into the 1/4 window bothers me.  The Buick looks good though.

1 hour ago, the other Mike S. said:

I like this kit and the subject matter.  However, I'm not happy that this reissue is a lowrider only option and molded in strange colors.  For the price the original molded in white version is selling on ebay, I'd rather just save up a little more and get the Johan promo.

The '65 Impala has my interest as well, but something about the side window profile where it slants down into the 1/4 window bothers me.  The Buick looks good though.

Go find the thread (which should be combined with this one) a couple down from this and you'll see they just reissued it, molded in white, without the overly lowriderish flavor.

4 hours ago, the other Mike S. said:

The '65 Impala has my interest as well, but something about the side window profile where it slants down into the 1/4 window bothers me.      

The AMT annual they pirated it from had the same problem, as did AMT's '65 Bonneville. The '66 Impala and Wildcat (AMT) were a bit improved in this area. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Killer job man. Who made the wheels and tires?

Not sure, as there's not much info listed when you click on the link. The front wheels appear to be the wheels from the 1/24 Monogram '65 Ford Mustang GT350-R kit, but I can't see much of the rear wheels to determine much of anything,

• 2 weeks later...