Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stutz Bearcat 1914 Raceabout

Dominik

Richard. Here I thought I was the only one who wanted a Mercer.

Trevor, I am 93.5% certain this tooling exists. Will is ever be re-popped? I have no clue. My first-pass guess would be that it would be very far down a list of Round2 future projects, if only because of the very specialized Niche this kit fits. IRCC, there are only two pre-1920 tools in the Round2 vaults. This kit and the 1907 Thomas Flyer. Next Oldest is the 1920/1922 Oldsmobile "Beverly Hillbilles" kit, then the various 1923-1927 Model T Fords.

If I were to suggest ways to expand these kits to attract a larger customer base my suggestions would be:

1907 Flyer: Tool Up Stock Fenders, then a Stock Touring Body. Or a Two Seat Runabout Body, with an optional 'Mother-in-law' Seat. Tread added to the tires would be nice too.

1912 Bearcat. First up? Brass Plated Chrome. Next, possibly a different body from the Stutz Catalog from 1912.

1920's Olds. A new Touring, Depot Hack, or Roadster body. New Stock Olds Hub Caps(Wheel) Caps.

Lastly, I'd Sell the Flyer and the Bearcat kits in one box. Even with nothing down to the tools, I believe that putting both kits in one box would tip the "Value-Added" scale enough to drive enough sales of the kit to justify running them

Dominik, has built a Fine Example of this kit. His looks a s good as any build of the Stutz, I ever seen.

How wonderful to see this Stutz beautifully built; well done Dominik, and the color is great!  Also, I was curious if this was the original issue linked with the TV show "Bearcats" in the early 70s?  Or has it been re-released since then?  I would buy another to build (I built one from the original release, back in the day) if they released it again!

gt

Thank you very much for your comments - much appreciate it! i'm very happy, that the echo about this model is so informative!

21 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Very nice build, I think I've got a spare wheel for this in my spares box, let me have a look tomorrow in the hobby room, you're welcome to it if I find it.

That would be nice to complete it - but remember of the shippingcosts to germany.

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Richard. Here I thought I was the only one who wanted a Mercer.

Trevor, I am 93.5% certain this tooling exists. Will is ever be re-popped? I have no clue. My first-pass guess would be that it would be very far down a list of Round2 future projects, if only because of the very specialized Niche this kit fits. IRCC, there are only two pre-1920 tools in the Round2 vaults. This kit and the 1907 Thomas Flyer. Next Oldest is the 1920/1922 Oldsmobile "Beverly Hillbilles" kit, then the various 1923-1927 Model T Fords.

If I were to suggest ways to expand these kits to attract a larger customer base my suggestions would be:

1907 Flyer: Tool Up Stock Fenders, then a Stock Touring Body. Or a Two Seat Runabout Body, with an optional 'Mother-in-law' Seat. Tread added to the tires would be nice too.

1912 Bearcat. First up? Brass Plated Chrome. Next, possibly a different body from the Stutz Catalog from 1912.

1920's Olds. A new Touring, Depot Hack, or Roadster body. New Stock Olds Hub Caps(Wheel) Caps.

Lastly, I'd Sell the Flyer and the Bearcat kits in one box. Even with nothing down to the tools, I believe that putting both kits in one box would tip the "Value-Added" scale enough to drive enough sales of the kit to justify running them

Dominik, has built a Fine Example of this kit. His looks a s good as any build of the Stutz, I ever seen.

Thank you very much Alan. thats interesting.

1 hour ago, gbt216 said:

How wonderful to see this Stutz beautifully built; well done Dominik, and the color is great!  Also, I was curious if this was the original issue linked with the TV show "Bearcats" in the early 70s?  Or has it been re-released since then?  I would buy another to build (I built one from the original release, back in the day) if they released it again!

gt

Gordon, the box is this one:IMG-20180202-WA0018.thumb.jpeg.33a6156c664ec26437543b45d3a4387e.jpeg

uh...big picture. If i remember right, its issued 1979?

Edited by Dominik

14 hours ago, Dominik said:

Thank you very much for your comments - much appreciate it! i'm very happy, that the echo about this model is so informative!

That would be nice to complete it - but remember of the shipping costs to germany.

A Spare tyre will be in the post for you next week, 

20 hours ago, Dominik said:

That would be nice to complete it - but remember of the shippingcosts to germany.

Thank you very much Alan. thats interesting.

Gordon, the box is this one:IMG-20180202-WA0018.thumb.jpeg.33a6156c664ec26437543b45d3a4387e.jpeg

uh...big picture. If i remember right, its issued 1979?

Ah, thank you for the picture, Dominik; and a quick Google image search refreshed my memory of another release of the Stutz in the Connoisseur Classics line of MPC kits.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9.11.2018 at 11:50 AM, GeeBee said:

A Spare tyre will be in the post for you next week, 

and then there was a small package from Geoff - a little present for me before christmas. Thats how i was feeling. the spare tire(s) :):):):)

Buddy, i am sooooo happy!!!

CIMG181201_073.jpg.4e7476957068bd9391484f0fbdfe916c.jpg

Now it is p e r f e c t .

Geoff, thank you very much!!!

On 11/8/2018 at 10:52 PM, Eric Macleod said:

Ooo la la. Make me a third Mercer buyer. I have done a stock Thomas Flyer in the past. Just for fun I'll post it separately.  This is another great model. Very well done. 

Love to see that Flyer.  What did you use for stock fenders?