[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Faust

Cruisin' Wagon - Ford's Street-'tude Pinto, done!

­­­ bring your sunglasses!s ever repopped, or at least not for a while. Check out this little forgotten bird at the link below, anWell, after a lot more work than I thought it would be, the Pinto Crusing Wagon is now done! Just like the real car, this one was lot of headaches interspersed with some chagrins. Thing is, it’s an old MPC, and I was expecting some trouble. Not as much as I got, but I sure didn’t expect a “Clean Getaway”, so to speak!

I’m really very glad to have a stock representation of one of what might be the lamer attempts to add performance through striping. I am now excited to get my hands on the ’77 Cruising Van that Round 2 just put out, so I can have two examples of Ford’s attempts to conjure up tapestripe horsepower!

Check out this little beast at the link below, and be warned: you’re likely not going to see this kit built often simply because there’s so much wrong with it. However, in the end, it is all worth it, because it’s a Pinto Cruising Wagon, and how much lamer does it get than that?

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/round-2mpc-1-25-1979-pinto-cruising-wagon/

pinto-162.jpg?w=332

Vey cool! This brings back great memories.  I built this kit in the 70s, only to have a buddy in  college that had the real 1:1 version,  such a fun little car. 

That turned out great Adam, really great work all round, the tire's look fantastic. 

Adam, excellent work, that looks beautiful.

Thanks guys! 

As for the tires, Round 2 deserves at least 2/3 the credit. If there are two reasons to buy a Round 2 over the original, it's the new (always better or at least more accurate, it seems) decal sheets and those oh-so-great pad printed tires. Kudos to them for including such beauteous rubber, even with such a roach of a kit! 

I will admit, I do like how it looks. I'm not surprised it isn't build more, because it's a bear, but it does look neat all finished up. 

Nice job,I built one of these kits into a tubbed drag car,then it was destroyed by accident.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Rider said:

That turned out great Adam, really great work all round, the tire's look fantastic. 

I have to agree