Model Cars Magazine Forum

11 hours ago, Lizard Racing said:

Good start! The great thin about this kit is you can do almost anything with it. When I did mine, I put in the 435 HP 427 engine from the Corvette. There was also knobby tires and mag wheels.

Happy building.

That sounds awesome! So far I’m building the Stock engine for it, I just got done with a very frustrating AMT 78 F100 4X4 Kit, so I’m looking for a semi easy fun kit to build and I thought this would be it, Might put a 454 Chevy in it though out of a monogram 70 Chevelle in it, anybody know what the stock engine’s CI is?

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I love this kit. Hope to eventually build mine someday.

What is the blue paint?

It’s a Duplicolor product, I will send you the official paint name when I get home, but I think it was an Blue Aqua Mettalic, not sure, so don’t take that as the exact name, I’ll get it to you hopefully soon.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

That color looks great on the suburban!!

You mentioned it being a duplicolor paint, was it their perfect match line ?I've always been concerned about how " hot" that paint was and haven't tried it ..yet theres a fantastic selection of colors 

It was a replica of I believe a GM color, it was a Blue Aqua Mettalic paint color. But yes it is a Perfect Match line color.

Edited by ThatMustangGuy