Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Fair 2018

BVC500

30 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

The line for everyone who always claims they'd buy Tamiya kits if they made U.S. cars starts over there. Put up or shut up in January.

---------------------->

Nah, it's the wrong scale!  Looks like it has some semblance of an engine though..46452238_10156648018363654_5780557287814856704_n.jpg.3d70bae3d15db6eadf03e341ff7e1f56.jpg46495279_10156648018553654_973386825047474176_n.jpg.c0d7ceb36ab8e33580d2fb36b5943eb0.jpg

Edited by maltsr

7 minutes ago, BVC500 said:

Kinda makes sense now that Tamiya USA made the announcement first

It was timing,  the announcement made via Tamiya USA was at the opening of the Toy Fair in Japan, the show started at 9am Japan time

Need to start figuring out what Ford GT color I am going to paint it....................who I am kidding ,its going to be Blue.

Edited by martinfan5

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

It was timing,  the announcement made via Tamiya USA was at the opening of the Toy Fair in Japan, the show started at 9am Japan time

Need to start figuring out what Ford GT color I am going to paint it....................who I am kidding ,its going to be Blue.

Yeah, Jonathan, like you're gonna just build one. I'm gonna be building the full Skittles bag on these.

1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

Yeah, Jonathan, like you're gonna just build one. I'm gonna be building the full Skittles bag on these.

Its interesting David,the factory colors are pretty limited and basic,  8 colors and two are black. 

Edited by martinfan5

14 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The line for everyone who always claims they'd buy Tamiya kits if they made U.S. cars starts over there. Put up or shut up in January.

---------------------->

As long as it has a full, stand alone, detailed engine, I'll be first in line.   Count me among those surprised, but very pleased, to see this.   TIM   

51 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

So that's a no for Tim. Alright next in line.

Hope you're wrong.  I couldn't tell for sure from the test shot parts runner images of the engine/powertrain parts, but I am hopeful.  Really looking forward to this a lot.

If it is successful (which I am sure it will be), maybe they would consider tooling a current generation Mustang GT.   No longer just a domestic market product, the 1/1 has been the best selling sports car in the world for the last three years.   Separate, fully detailed engine a must, of course.   On the other hand, I shouldn't get carried away on new kit speculation, right?.    

TIM  

Tim, I just tried to take a good look at the photo and from what I can tell, I see what may be just the top end of the engine. This is one of those cars that has a lower belly pan, and you wouldn't really see the bottom end. Still, this is miles ahead of Revell's Ford GT and I'd certainly wouldn't mind having this one over Revell's.

21 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Hope you're wrong.  I couldn't tell for sure from the test shot parts runner images of the engine/powertrain parts, but I am hopeful.  Really looking forward to this a lot.

If it is successful (which I am sure it will be), maybe they would consider tooling a current generation Mustang GT.   No longer just a domestic market product, the 1/1 has been the best selling sports car in the world for the last three years.   Separate, fully detailed engine a must, of course.   On the other hand, I shouldn't get carried away on new kit speculation, right?.    

TIM  

I would love for them to make a Mustang.  Not the biggest fan of the current generation looks wise. But I'd love for them to make a 2013 version. I also would be grateful if they made a 1/24 viper.