Model Cars Magazine Forum
caapa

Bugatti Royale Weinberger Cabriolet 1931

Bugatti Royale Weinberger Cabriolet 1931

I had long ago the kit of Lindbergs Bugatti Victoria 1931 on my selves. I began to built the model after many years of meditation on the job: I want to open doors and hood but had no conception how to do it. Slowly I could develope a method how and with which construction can I realize my project. In the mean time I invented that I shall modify the model to the original form of 1931.  I began to make the engine with some additional details and as I was satisfied with I found a reference that the original engine had not 4 carbs but the same one as the Napoleon Coupe and the Berline the Voyage. Additionally there are some differences on engine block too. Also the variation with the 4 carbs was remaining. When the hood and doors were hinged and worked fine I got new ideas: not only new trunk at rear but open the lid of this and modify the front seats too. (we say: „during eating growing the appetite”)

And here is the result:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Wow!  That is absolutely stunning.  The engine and interior are superb.  Really captures the feel of the car.

10 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Rarely do I see these built up and you have taken it to another level.

Agreed.That's quite a machine.

Good to see such a different subject, thanks for not giving up and completing!  I'm comparing to the Heller kit, which I had started years ago, wheels look good with the pinstriping.  Nice job on opening up everything.

Absolutely stunning model.  I have several Bugatti models and will be using yours as a reference.  Just magnificent. 

Many thanks for the nice comments.

It was worth the nearly two years work.

11 hours ago, Red318 said:

Wow!  That is absolutely stunning.  The engine and interior are superb.  Really captures the feel of the car.

X2 and then some.

14 hours ago, caapa said:

Many thanks for the nice comments.

It was worth the nearly two years work.

yes it was worth! Well done!

Nice to see the model depicting its original colour scheme and wheel centres as original.

The original car car as presently displayed  in a museum was restored by Charles Chayne and the colour was changed to an overall cream colour with dark green lining.

New pictures in better quality.

Sorry for the quality of originally posted photos – I was in a rather wrong period.

Now I can send the newest photos. Enjoy tham

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7174.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7179.jpg

The Henry Ford Museum should use your car as a reference point and restore their car to match this!