Model Cars Magazine Forum

First SNOW of winter 2018/19 YUCK!

ranma

10 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

.What part of Ohio do you live in?

Van Wert has the distinction of having Both the U.S.127 and the Lincoln Highway Garage Sales every August. As these two highways meet in downtown Van Wert. The U.S.127 Garage sales are Aug 1-4 0f 2019 And the Lincoln Highway Garage sales are Aug 8-10 2019. Sometimes these two Garage sales happen on the same weekend!

OH_17551.gif

OHMap-doton-Van_Wert.png

oh_vanwert-welcome.jpg

Edited by ranma

We got a dusting this weekend but the streets were dry. Now we're seeing a little more and it's sticking. Most of the real snow is south of the metro area and way north so it's kind of going around use. I'm waiting to see just how much we are going to get since I have to go about 10 miles from here with my 4X8 trailer to finish cleaning out a rental. Even with our Wrangler I would rather not get out on the road with all the crazy drivers with a trailer in tow.  

I'm in Central PA and a fellow I work with told me over the weekend it was snowing quite hard in Centralia which is North of me.

Frankly, after the winters of '16 and '17, I wouldn't mind if it never snowed again for maybe 30 years! :huh:

This was from '16................'17 was very similar.......

41:475356221283

37:475356217941

So I REALLY don't want to have to deal with it again anytime soon thank you! We'll see though......we've had so much rain this year I'm not holding out much hope for a quiet winter. :( 

Last winter was my first back in NE Ohio in 23 years, didn't think it was that bad--had a cold snap around Jan 1 for a couple weeks, but not much snow.    Heard this is supposed to be a mild winter also.   With the Lake Effect snow around here the amount of snow varies greatly depending on where you are relative to Lake Erie.  Didn't' get much last winter here just south of Cleveland.