Model Cars Magazine Forum

First SNOW of winter 2018/19 YUCK!

ranma

I drove up to Devens Mass, yesterday to teach a class today.   It hadn't started snowing up there yet, so I made a beeline for home.  I got two hours south before it started snowing and hard!   I limped off Route 84 into Vernon, CT where I found a Days Inn.  There was a nice diner on the property so I had a proper dinner and am now digesting it in my room while using their wifi.   I have two morning meetings I can do from the room, and hopefully the roads will get cleared before I leave.

19 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I drove up to Devens Mass, yesterday to teach a class today.   It hadn't started snowing up there yet, so I made a beeline for home.  I got two hours south before it started snowing and hard!   I limped off Route 84 into Vernon, CT where I found a Days Inn.  There was a nice diner on the property so I had a proper dinner and am now digesting it in my room while using their wifi.   I have two morning meetings I can do from the room, and hopefully the roads will get cleared before I leave.

Sounds nice and comfy.Lol

Snowed like crazy here in Central PA Thursday during the day. Since I work third shift, I'm in bed as of 1:30-2:00. When I got up at 8:00 I turn on my phone and I got three messages from the job that work was cancelled for that night. I look outside and we got REALLY dumped on while I slept. Total was 8.5 inches by storm's end which was sometime that evening. That made for a nice three day weekend for me as Thursday night when I go into work is my Friday.

To make things nicer, next week is a VERY short week because as of Wednesday morning, I'll be off for four days for Thanksgiving. Speaking of that, I distinctly remember Thanksgiving time 1971 when we got hit with a major snowstorm. I remember it because that was the last Thanksgiving we spent in that house as we had moved to VA that next summer.

I can't remember such a big snowfall this time of year since then till now!

The past two weeks here have been ridiculous. We're getting sun, 15 degrees Celcius, then snow, then -15 Celcius, then warming up to 7 Celcius, then freezing rain, then snow, then rain, then snow, then sun. The fluctuations bug me.

Last night was white out blizzard conditions and -5 degrees. Today? Plus 7 and rain.

Come on Mother Nature, is it winter or not? Make up your mind.

Well.......got the 4th or 5th snow this year, my office is open but were told that if it wasn't safe, we could use vacation or take an unpaid day, which I did since we have no power for the last 15 hours and I wanted to be here incase Dad needed help with anything......which right now is watching Mom while he gets a camp stove and heater........