Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone ever deal with this outfit? I ordered a model back in July and never received it. They told me it was coming from Germany and to be patient. LMAO. I finally requested a refund in October because I found it elsewhere and they do not answer my request. I have been more than patient as all my emails with them show. They were fairly nice until that refund was requested. If you know them or ever had any dealings with them, positive or negative, please let me know. Hate to besmirch a model shop in a public forum, so I'll will refrain from that at this time. Thanx

Seems like you're not the only one who got stiffed:

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/south-canaan/profile/retail-hobby-supplies/hobby-models-llc-0241-236014649/complaints

This outfit is allegedly located in South Canaan, Pa. and also has other "stores" like Model Plane Depot (aircraft kits), Hobby Wheels (model cars & accessories), Red Star Hobbies (Soviet/Russian equipment), Military Model Depot (tanks/afvs) and, prior to Trumpeter sending a C&D letter to stop passing itself off as an authorized Trumpeter distributor, Trumpeter Models. I emailed them to provide a physical address and store phone number because I would never deal with any business which can't prove it really exists. As expected, they never responded.

Why feel bad about posting negative comments about any vendor who is engaging in dishonest business practices? This business gave you, and others, the business. If they're bums, they need to be called out.

Edited by SfanGoch

Thanx for the detailed info. I only refrained because they had been cordial and I was patient throughout the nearly 3 month wait. I didn't want to come in here whining about my $32 loss and slam them just in case there was a legitimate reason and/or they were a member of this fine board. I always give the benefit of the doubt, up to a point of course. I filed a claim with PayPal which is the only thing I can do. I will, however, tell anyone I come across NOT to purchase from this "business". Thanx again for your reply.

What is it about Pennsylvania?  Here's another outfit in Mayfield that seems to have the same business practices.  And the same Contact Info: none, except for an e-mail form. The link says "Wholesale Hobby Supplies," where the other one says "Retail."  But all the BBB complaints seem to be from retail buyers:

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/mayfield/profile/wholesale-hobby-supplies/internet-hobbies-0241-235973355/complaints