Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cats like boxes. Even big ones.

Ace-Garageguy

I loved the video. I too have had several cats over the years. Beside cardboard boxes, mine always loved plain old brown paper grocery bags. It would fun to see a big cat's reaction to a paper bag that is just big enough to barely hold it. Besides amusing the house cats in the past with such simple "toys." The cats gave me many hours of amusement watching then have their fun. Because of present circumstances, videos like this are the only I can still enjoy such simple pleasures. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

We have 4, all rescues. Buddy and Holly we got out of a shelter and Benji and Josie we found there Mom and 5 kittens in our garage and we took care of them until they were old enough to be separated from Mom and we got Mom and 3 of the kittens adopted and kept the other 2.

Buddy

IMG_0038.thumb.JPG.e115a75c6baffd9484fc88812582b138.JPG

Holly

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.ce7bae922d6d6a299014d10517bb533d.JPG

BenjiIMG_1948.thumb.jpg.d7971fdd14dcae60ee47449182fa0e6e.jpg

Josie

IMG_2131.thumb.jpg.83d3a2007c37d433d409d221fb95b77a.jpg

Great looking cats!

This was our cat. We found him huddled under our dryer vent trying to keep warm. He was tattooed and de-clawed when we found him but the tattoo could not be traced. We would never have gotten him de-clawed, but it was kinda nice that he couldn't shred the furniture. I did NOT want to keep him, but he won me over and became more my cat than the wife's. He got along great with the dogs too!

DSC00475.JPG

picsfriends 018.jpg

Then, there's this:

More than 300 cats rescued from North York apartment, animal welfare organization says

That's a real tough looking bunch of feline desperadoes

image.png.0cb9d2c94032fd9ff084c2fd1b0bc3aa.png

Described as " a sea of cats", it looks like they rented the apartment. Must be a living heel at feeding time. :D Sorta looks like they're recreating a scene from "Riot In Cell Block 11"

image.png.3d038614521cc8c66a0845b96898281d.png

image.png.b744d96c4e04a3329c46dd0d3b4f740c.png

Pragmatic cats solve the "waiting your turn to use the bathroom" problems mere mortals face every day. It's a good thing cats are "dry clean only", drastically reducing turnaround time

image.png.20be14eca641312be91f9b2380614277.png

Jailhouse Rock, cat-style

image.png.d6147ecd3c510eb6aad28b0fa86a0838.png

image.png.b095e95e75aca1f9ab72943efcd620ed.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Domestic cats are the only felines which have vertically opening/closing pupils, like snakes. Most other cats have round pupils and they're all wild. If you happen to run across a cute, slightly oversized kitty with round pupils, leave it the hell alone and just keep walking. :D

• 2 weeks later...

No pics yet, but i hear there is a s feral Mama cat that had her babies (5 of them) in a 3 and a half sided concrete corral area behind the building at work were we keep things like unused trailers, spare tires and wheels, ect in. Not only is there a lot of little areas for the kittens to hide if needed, but that whole part of our lot is surrounded by chain link fence that is 7ft tall and gated at night. I keep hearing between calls about rescue plans that are afoot for the babies as well as to catch, fix, then release the Mama since this isn't her first litter.

Love the bobcat story!   I get this  Neighborhood Next Door email chain for my town.  There are always posts from well meaning ladies about lost cats.  Usually they've dragged them inside, taken their photos and have posted their capture.   I always get a laugh when the responses  are  "That's Tigger, he's an outside cat who lives on North Street.  He's not lost, let him go!"

As in EEK!  you've just kidnapped a cat!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Deuces said:

Similar to one I had some years back.....?

12685489486070.jpg

Haha ! What is it with felines and toilet tissue ? ( " I'll sing you a song with no words and no tune / to sing in the Khazi while you suss out the moon... " ) .

Great looking companion !