Model Cars Magazine Forum

AIR-TRAX pricing list 2018

John Heyer cast the Imperial out of disappointment of the TKLM Version . I was signed up to buy one from John . He sols out to Ed Fluck Jr before I could generate the funds .  Mr Fluck did not carry over the Imperial Casting . Nor the Packard Predicta .   I sent all of the Early Resin Catalogs to the Model Car Museum a decade ago . TKM , SC Miller , AAM ect .. This is a '56 Hawk , SC Miller  . A '64 Hawk conversion , John Heyer . Stock Studebaker (SP could not pay for the full Vinyl Roofs) Half Vinyl top , John Heyer or MCW Factory Laquer Paint .  Enjoy  

'56 Hawk f.JPG

'56 Hawk r.JPG

'64 Hawk 2.JPG

'64 Hawk f.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:46 PM, MrObsessive said:

I haven't seen this posted here as a thread, so I thought I'd show this as it was talked about on another forum. I have a pic of Tapani Rauramo's (Air-Trax) price listing of his latest kits. I have a couple of 'em and his castings IMO are EXCELLENT! Very little cleanup is needed and there's kits/transkits here that you won't find anywhere else.

I could REALLY kick myself for not buying that absolutely gorgeous '69(?) Aston Martin kit that he had when I saw him and Juha Airio at the NNL East a couple years ago. He still has it listed, so I may bite the bullet and give myself an early Christmas present. ;)

You'll see his email address in the pic if you're interested in anything and do be patient as sometimes it can take a bit till he gets back to you.

Enjoy!

5be66f5e7599e_AirTraxPriceList2018.thumb.jpg.404cb724a28f5c5cb87f3a18faea4c42.jpg

Hi do you have a email to get a hold of Air-Trax.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:01 AM, stitchdup said:

raurata@yahoo.com.

I'm not sure if its current but this is the one i used a couple years ago

Thanks for the email.  I am in correspondence with Taponi, he responded quickly, will order the 330 GTC.  I asked for pictures of the BMW 2000 GT and Dodge pickup, but will avoid the BMW.  The Dodge looked okay in the one picture.  He explained to keep shipping cost down, he mails a package of several orders to a distributor in the US, so it will take awhile.

330GTC-365GTC.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wanted everyone to know, positive experience, considering the COVID-1984 monkey wrench, took 5 weeks from order to arriving.

Here is what I got:
IMG_1122.thumb.jpg.1e7ffe192f47a979b71318236e7ecdb7.jpg
IMG_1123.thumb.jpg.a4aa74e3efbff1d8bd65844d87484a53.jpg

Knowing it will sit on the shelf awhile, wanted it to look like a kit, so printed pictures on stickyback paper.  The top is a sales brochure on eBay for $700, the other pictures are part of prints you can order.
IMG_1145.thumb.jpg.f49347821ec9dc1cae8675b44e21ba53.jpg

Now the hunt for nice tires, since I stole the Fujimi Daytona tires for another project, and the Italeri kit does not have it's truck tires.

It's really is too bad that there is no source for good quality tires for Ferraris of this vintage.  I wonder if we could talk Chief Joseph (Fireball Modelworks) to design and cast a set of big and little Dunlop (or similar) tires?  He makes excellent tires!

Edited by peteski

4 minutes ago, peteski said:

It's really is too bad that there is no source for good quality tires for Ferraris of this vintage.  I wonder if we could talk Chief Joseph (Fireball Modelworks) to design and cast a set of big and little Dunlop (or similar) tires?  He makes excellent tires!

I was thinking of asking him too!  I was thinking Cinturato CN36 Blackwall or Michelin XZX.

12 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I was thinking of asking him too!  I was thinking Cinturato CN36 Blackwall or Michelin XZX.

I would go for Michelins. For some reason I don't care for the tread pattern on the Pirellis.

I think the only problem is whether the wheel diameter of enough Ferrari models is similar enough for the tires to be mostly universal fit. Or maybe make it fit the kit with worst factory-supplied tires, like the Italeri (and related reboxed) kits?

Edited by peteski

9 hours ago, peteski said:

I would go for Michelins. For some reason I don't care for the tread pattern on the Pirellis.

I think the only problem is whether the wheel diameter of enough Ferrari models is similar enough for the tires to be mostly universal fit. Or maybe make it fit the kit with worst factory-supplied tires, like the Italeri (and related reboxed) kits?

I have the KA photo-etch with aluminum rims Borrani wheels, which does not come with tires.  Would be interesting to find out which kit they picked for the tire size.  I just wish Fujimi would sell just the tires that come in the Daytona kit, don't need the wire wheels.

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I have the KA photo-etch with aluminum rims Borrani wheels, which does not come with tires.  Would be interesting to find out which kit they picked for the tire size.  I just wish Fujimi would sell just the tires that come in the Daytona kit, don't need the wire wheels.

Most (all?) of Japanese kits have a list of replacement parts that can be purchased on the instruction sheet (if you damage yours, or for whatever reason).  Prices and mailing address for the order form are also included (in Japanese).  Japanese modelers are lucky that way. Years ago (when I last did it), if some Japanese kit was current, or fairly recent, I would contact Hobby Link Japan , or even Rainbow Ten (I was their customer) with the list of parts I needed, and they woudl order them for me from the manufacturers, and ship them to me.  I'm not sure if they still offer this service, but it might be worth a try (to get few sets of those tires).

20 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

I own an 80 Seville. That TKM ain't half good, in fact it's no good.

I own a 1985 Eldorado. Bought the TKM model of it, and it is worse than just "no good". Still sitting in its shipping box.  It is too bad as those could have been quite nice models if the master was a bit neater, and casting method was not so primitive.