Model Cars Magazine Forum

#4, 1960 Ford Srtarliner

Super28

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Alittle more work on the '60 Starliner. Experience has taught me to reinforce the rocker panels on these I put opening doors on so they don't break in two. If you didn't/don't know this, take note. They break real easy once you cut the doors out!

20190802_222049.jpg

20190802_222104.jpg

• Like 1

I have this kit on my to-do-in-the-nearer-future list, so I'll be watching with interest. The work you did, especially on opening the doors and trunk, looks very good so far. Did you choose on a color yet? What I like especially on this car is that it's overall appearance may change dramatically with the choice of certain colors. Use an aqua or turquoise color and it will be a nice bright and elegant sports coupe, use black and it will turn out to look real mean! B)

13 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

I have this kit on my to-do-in-the-nearer-future list, so I'll be watching with interest. The work you did, especially on opening the doors and trunk, looks very good so far. Did you choose on a color yet? What I like especially on this car is that it's overall appearance may change dramatically with the choice of certain colors. Use an aqua or turquoise color and it will be a nice bright and elegant sports coupe, use black and it will turn out to look real mean! B)

Going with a bright yellow exterior and a light yellow and white interior. plans may change

2 hours ago, Super28 said:

Hey, you're the one I got the reminder from I put over my work bench!

Cool, it's nice to know that I can sometimes have a good influence over people too. :D

Thanks for letting me know that.

I built a 60 Starliner some years ago. I really enjoyed the kit.

David G.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...