Model Cars Magazine Forum

#4, 1960 Ford Srtarliner

Super28

Very good work Terry!  Your new hinghes look great.   Hope you won't have too much trouble with your A pillars, they are probably very fragile now and I was forced to reinforce mine on my current pickup build.  I started with a 58 year old body shell but yours is a newer kit and certainly less brittle than mine.  Great job so far, keep doing your good work!!!

57 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Very good work Terry!  Your new hinghes look great.   Hope you won't have too much trouble with your A pillars, they are probably very fragile now and I was forced to reinforce mine on my current pickup build.  I started with a 58 year old body shell but yours is a newer kit and certainly less brittle than mine.  Great job so far, keep doing your good work!!!

Yup! Broke one of them. Seems to be a problem , that and the rocker panels so now I re-enforced them right at the start

58 minutes ago, Monty said:

I've heard Createx paints are difficult to learn to use.  Did it take you a while to get the learning curve down?  Looks great so far. 

naw. light coats with a hair dryer between coats. thinned with isopropyl alcohol. about a $1 a bottle anywhere. Gonna need a clear top coat. Better than enamel because it dries real quick. mix it til it's about like milk. All my paint jobs will be Acrylic or Lacquer because the go on so easy and dry real quick. Enamel to hard to spray and dries so slow. Also Acrylic cleans up with water. No mess. I bought a hair dryer for $9 at Ollies. Only way to go

Edited by Super28

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, David G. said:

It's nice to see this one back on the bench again, great progress too.

Don't feel bad about the oil filter, I made labels for the shocks on my 71 Charger! :D 

71_DodgeCharger_12_09.jpg.edc8a546da2c534e19645aebc0953438.jpg

David G.

Wow. They look great! It's like my "Cherry "Bomb" mufflers. 

9.jpg