Model Cars Magazine Forum

whatsa the one it you have that you will never build because you have no interest at all in building

In my stash there's an AMT '69 Mustang that was in a series called ( I think) Wild Wheels( the same series that had the '40 Ford sedan delivery with the altered headlights). Cheesy looking wheels and 2 engines, neither of which looks any good. I must have gotten it cheap.

Lessee, I have a Monogram '58 T-Bird I have no interest in building. Also have a Revell '80s or '90s Pro Street T-Bird I have no interest in building (only bought it to use the chassis to make a '65 Mustang pro street that I also lost interest in). 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Lessee, I have a Monogram '58 T-Bird I have no interest in building. Also have a Revell '80s or '90s Pro Street T-Bird I have no interest in building (only bought it to use the chassis to make a '65 Mustang pro street that I also lost interest in). 

Were you looking to get rid of the '58? Thunderbirds of any year are my favorite........ ;)

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

would you be interested in trading the 58 bird?

I have a Revell 26 Ford T sedan delivery street rod "Lil John's" I can't seem to get the steam up to even open it. It's been in a closet probably since the 80's still in original wrap. I think I keep it because it's small block Ford powered instead of Chevy. Hate the Jag rear end, wish it was a regular sedan instead of delivery but yet I leave out hope for some inspiration one day. The older I get the less it interests me really but I did move it from the closet to next to my living room chair.. It's collecting dust there now.

To be honest with myself, probably at least 30-40% of the kits I have on the shelf I really have little interest in.  I am addicted to buying plastic, then after a few years of them sitting on the shelf wondering why in the world I spent good money on that kit.  Some I will probably use for trade fodder, others may be pirated for parts, and some will be sold at my estate auction.

For me it would probably be the '23 Model T delivery van that I won in a raffle last year, and a Monogram 1/12th scale Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing.

There are others that I picked up many, many years ago, but I rarely waste the money on a kit that I'm not interested in.

I would rather spend $150.00 on an old vintage kit that I am really excited about, versus a half dozen modern kits that I have only nominal interest in.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

35 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

To be honest with myself, probably at least 30-40% of the kits I have on the shelf I really have little interest in.  I am addicted to buying plastic, then after a few years of them sitting on the shelf wondering why in the world I spent good money on that kit.  Some I will probably use for trade fodder, others may be pirated for parts, and some will be sold at my estate auction.

My sentiments exactly. While I was looking thru my stash this weekend, I was thinking...."When is the next show so I can sell some of these off?" I kid myself that I will build those 32 Fords and 57 Chevys, but I will win the lottery before that happens!