Model Cars Magazine Forum

whatsa the one it you have that you will never build because you have no interest at all in building

4 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Were you looking to get rid of the '58? Thunderbirds of any year are my favorite........ ;)

3 hours ago, jeffdeoranut said:

would you be interested in trading the 58 bird?

I could possibly be traded out of it. I also have a very restorable built Mono '58 T-Bird with the double-bubble installed that I have even less interest in and could easily be traded out of, if either of you is interested in that. Email me direct at SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com and we'll see if we can work something out. 

7 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

I bought this kit when I was a young teen, almost 40 years ago. It's battered and bruised, but still all there. It was old when I bought is in the late seventies. I don't ever plan to build it or sell it.

GoinBuggy-vi.jpg

Thats awesome...!!!   I had that once as a kid loved it.   Me...Ill build anything even though some are hard to due to lack of interests in them...on my so called budget I have to.

Kit swap-meet raffles seem to be a rich source of plastic turkeys.  Here's a kit I won at the NNL West show in Chatsworth, CA around 2012, IIRC. 

From AeroPlast in Poland, a 1/35 scale VW Bug "Polizei." AeroPlast also did this as a rally VW, the only difference being the decals and a blue police light.

I hated this kit at first, but have to admit the little loser has grown on me, sort of like a fungus.  It is 1/35 scale and an early split-window VW, so it will fit into a WWII diorama. 

I suspect, but do not know for sure, that this kit was "borrowed" or "adapted" from the Czech company CMK's 1/35 scale early VW Bug.  They have a lot in common, like individual (but clunky) door handles, and a separate roof insert.  The CMK kits were released in several different versions; their Afrika Korps kit had a cloth top insert (but not the correct, wider fenders for the big sand tires).

garbus.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error2

Airfix Triumph TR4A 1/32

This 1/32 of my holy grail of a 1:1 I had. This even had an engine. It got replaced before starting with an Air-Trax resin TR4 ... no -A.  3D Printing has saved that by allowing me to model those -A only front turn-signal lights and housing!

The 1/32 Airfix goes to bottom of the pile.

image.png.fc6093b26c87ef87c7cf88b63ead931b.png

image.png.eca8baf0c99e170826dccab57dff54ed.png

On 11/12/2018 at 7:49 AM, ranma said:

A MPC Shelby Dodge Charger, Which I sent to another Forum member that will build it!

Rick, FYI - Its being worked on and improved as we speak! I've gathered the correct turbo engine and taillights from an 87 Daytona Z that I already had, and I'm widening the skinny seats to look more accurate. 

I'm photographing and documenting the build as I go so I can post it here later on. Stay tuned, it'll be back!

Patrick