Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model T Speedster #38 (Frontenac Powered Vintage Beach Racer)

misterNNL

This is one of two Race of Gentlemen inspired speedsters I built last year. Both are based on Ford Model T's. This racer is based on the AMT 1927 Kit and is combined with resin parts from Model Martin Co.operated by Andy Martin. I used the AMT frame and Frotenac four cyl engine. The body is a modified Model Martin resin item as are those cool disc wheels. The Body is based on a real company offering from the 1920's called Martin Body Co.(how clever of Andy,huh). I cut the rear from his body and retained only the cowl and sweeping side panel.Floor boards are bass wood.The seat is directly from an AMT '25T kit.The front axle and gas tank are scratch built.Steering wheel is wrapped with coarse sewing thread to resemble the wrapped wheels from that earlier era. The leather helmet on the seat is a photographed item I found in an antique store. The googles are scratch built.Paint is Rattle can Krylon brand burgundy over Krylon gloss black.The two speed rear end is a kit bashed item using the '27 kit piece. All comments and criticisms are welcome. DSC 0374

DSC 0378

DSC 0386

DSC 0383

DSC 0376

DSC 0381

For additional overall and detail shots, click here for 12 more images...

Edited by misterNNL

Thanks for the positive feed back. The research for these was almost as much fun as building them. If you want to see a lot of great speedster images access my Pintrest Album for almost 1,000 images of speedsters. Just type in my name and the word speedsters on any Pintrest lead and that should take you there.