Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fireball Modelworks

Is Joseph's Fireball Model Works still in business? I ask because he says he will contact you in 48 hrs unless email comes thru on a  weekend or holiday. I get that. But I sent him an email last week Saturday 9/21/19) and have gotten no response. I don't do Facebook. Does he only communicate via Facebook? I've never ordered any thru him before because I just discovered his site and would like to. Does anyone have any insights on lack of communication? Scott

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 3:21 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Wait your turn!

I'm still waiting for a Pontiac tri-carb intake and carbs! :)

Steve

which iteration of tri-power?

This page might be helpful: https://pontiactripower.com/pages/id-your-tripower

Having built a complete (1966 version) tri-power set up for a '69 Firebird that was entered in car shows, I am a little familiar with a few differences from the standard 4bbl manifold.

The most visible (aside from the 3x2's) will be the routing of the upper radiator hose and how the thermostat housing is angled. It's a very tight fit between the back of the water pump and the thermostat housing on the tri-power.

Other very visible aspects are the throttle linkage and fuel lines.

The currently kitted tri-pwer manifolds should look good once minor corrections are done.

The difference in carb size (between early and the later "larger" size Rochester carbs) will not be noticeable by most viewers.

32 minutes ago, blunc said:

which iteration of tri-power?

This page might be helpful: https://pontiactripower.com/pages/id-your-tripower

Having built a complete (1966 version) tri-power set up for a '69 Firebird that was entered in car shows, I am a little familiar with a few differences from the standard 4bbl manifold.

The most visible (aside from the 3x2's) will be the routing of the upper radiator hose and how the thermostat housing is angled. It's a very tight fit between the back of the water pump and the thermostat housing on the tri-power.

Other very visible aspects are the throttle linkage and fuel lines.

The currently kitted tri-pwer manifolds should look good once minor corrections are done.

The difference in carb size (between early and the later "larger" size Rochester carbs) will not be noticeable by most viewers.

I'm assuming that George will be doing a tri-carb set up from the early to mid 60's to fit kits such as the Moebius '61s and some of the GTO kits.

He has informed me that an intake and carbs are in the works. :)

I'm going to use them for several mid '60s kits including the AMT '64 Grand Prix and '64 Bonneville kits.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, ToyLvr said:

Just recently ordered some door handles from him after Tom Geiger and Steve Guthmiller recommended them. Prompt response to my eMails. Prompt shipment after I placed my order.

Quality of the product was excellent!

My experience as well....several times in fact.   TIM 

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...