Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976/77 Ford Pickup Parts

Hello I am in search of some parts for a build I will be doing for somebody. I need the grill the hubcap wheels and if anyone has 1 the standard wheelbase bed if not I will try to modify the kit bed. Thanks!

UPDATE: I found I had the hubcap wheels from I'm guessing the Phantom Van I built a while back. So I'm Still in Need of The Bed and Grill, Although I am attempting to modify the kit bed but I'm not very good at these kinds of modifications.

Edited by Platerpants
Found Wheels.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Repstock said:

Morgan Automotive detail has the bed. It's not on their site, but E-mail them...it exists, I have four of them. 

I emailed them back in july when you mentioned this earlier, but, they never responded to my email. Hard to believe Morgan hasn't listed this much sought after item on the site yet.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, mikemodeler said:

The grille has been offered in resin if you can't find an original kit piece. Can't remember who cast it but it may have been Bandit Resins. Check Scenes Unlimited for wheels/hubcaps.

Not aware of a standard wheelbase bed being available.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:19 PM, Repstock said:

Morgan Automotive detail has the bed. It's not on their site, but E-mail them...it exists, I have four of them. 

11 hours ago, leafsprings said:

I emailed them back in july when you mentioned this earlier, but, they never responded to my email. Hard to believe Morgan hasn't listed this much sought after item on the site yet.

I emailed Bandit for the grill on Friday and have not heard back same with MAD for the bed. This build is a gift that I need to have done before Christmas so I really hope these guys get back to me soon.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, Platerpants said:

I emailed Bandit for the grill on Friday and have not heard back same with MAD for the bed. This build is a gift that I need to have done before Christmas so I really hope these guys get back to me soon.

He wasn't at the Detroit show where I normally see him either. I'm not aware of any problems, but I believe he is moving his operation to another site. I'm not 100% sure about this, though.

9 hours ago, mk11 said:

Mr Morgan has confirmed the move to new quarters and the existence of the box. They are currently trying to catch up on orders so there may be a temporary delay on some items.

mike

Thanks for the update. Guess I'll get everything I can done with this build and go from there.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, mikemodeler said:

The grille has been offered in resin if you can't find an original kit piece. Can't remember who cast it but it may have been Bandit Resins. Check Scenes Unlimited for wheels/hubcaps.

Not aware of a standard wheelbase bed being available.

Bandit Just got back to me and unfortunately for me that grille is not available right now...