Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 55 chevy 2 dr sedan

Cedward

I was so glad to see the 55 sedan after all these yrs . I went on line to Jim Meyers Racing here in Ore, they make a kit for a straight axle for 1/1 cars, also a picture of the Roadkill 55 gasser is posted. I may try to build from scratch a axle & springs from plastic or medal! I have the 57 ford wagon & the 57 sedan , I want build the sedan as a gasser & maybe use the wagon for towing!                                               

Kinda cool decal sheet but If you're planning on building the gasser you won't have any of the frontend parts to make it, as the kit is just the street machine version only.

The 2-tone green version (millennium addition) has the straight axel and all those goodies that the AMT 55 Nomad has. Also I heard the centerline wheels would be plated this go round but they are not. Otherwise a good kit to return to production....  Also the Spirit of 57 Tilt car is back, nice to see it return as well here are the contents of it... 

image0000001.jpg

image0000001.jpg

image0000001.jpg

20 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Thx Anthony for the pic , I see the hole in the hood is still the big one ,that will not stop me from buying one .

No problem... I would've liked to see the Rockin Roller decals in the kit as well as some Drag car names... very little Product development went into the decal design I think these fall short... But  I'm not worried too much... I plan on doin a Rockin Roller with dark bronze paint and gold leafing decals. 

Also a gold 1.1 used to run around in my town when I was a kid... I have a memory of seeing it broke down on the side of the road and the front was tilted like the kit! (No hole in the hood though)...Gold with red and yellow goofy 80's stripes. It was Awesome.... I want to build a replica of that from my memory... Had Cragers,air shocks and black diamond tuck interior...(Seen it sittin at the Taste Freez parking lot once and got a chance to peak inside.) 4 speed too with reverse lockout shifter... I'd like to have it like that... I was one impressed 12 year old... ?