Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 Car Kit Releases

Casey

16 hours ago, av405 said:

The third blue light on the right didn't start until 1984. But apart from that, I share your sentiments about the potential of an "updated" CHP Monaco. I bought a Joker goon kit right before this announcement, but if they do it right, I'll buy more. I expect they'll use the same CHP decals from the 1970 Ford police car kit. I hope they do as those are extremely accurate and I'd buy the kit just for those.

img008-vi.thumb.jpg.0b74bf7c58a82372b9727538e6ca8b83.jpg

I wish I had the 2012 issue for that decal sheet, I have the 2005 issue, sad face I gots.

4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

The SN Chevy is a major retool......details @ Wonderfest convention.

VERY interesting! If it's a good 4-door, I'll buy two: One to paint dark green like my parents' '68 (my favorite car they ever had), and one to try to convert to a 2DS Biscayne/Bel Air. 

For PD and other Law Enforcement decals you might check in the After Market/Resin section on the Forum. There are a couple of suppliers there that offer many different decal sets for different states as well as county and city decals. 

On 5/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, martinfan5 said:

I wish I had the 2012 issue for that decal sheet, I have the 2005 issue, sad face I gots.

I bought the decal sheet from 2012 a few months ago on ebay. I wanted the CHP and Las Vegas decals. I was not disappointed at all. I wish they did another "multi pack" set like this one. Since police car schemes were so much simpler back int the 70's, it wouldn't exactly break AMT's bank. CHP is a lot like the current Coca Cola branding, people will buy any kit that has them just for the association.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, Rusty92 said:

Thank you for the list!

Where's the '77 Pinto in that list? They showed it on the Round 2 video?

Has anyone seen the decal sheet for this thing yet? I'm curious to know what I'm getting myself into!

Thanks!

Interesting, that Round 2 is doing a Supernatural,1967 Chevy 4 door! Do I see a Police car version , also factory stock version in the future? Coca-Cola? Taxi version 4 door?   How about a barn find version??? OR Grampa 's grocery getter version?? Low rider/ urban vehicle? Donk ? If they are spending some bucks on a major re-tool of this kit, then they know they can do a lot of versions of it, to get a return of investment . They are smart. This car is known to a lot of younger people 40 and under. Targeting a younger demographic ?(yes) Now guys go out buy one and make it your version!!!!!!!!!! For those that were saying Round two is only doing reissues, never say never?

4 minutes ago, paul alflen said:

Interesting, that Round 2 is doing a Supernatural,1967 Chevy 4 door! Do I see a Police car version , also factory stock version in the future? Coca-Cola? Taxi version 4 door?   

Note that the Supernatural car is a 4dr hardtop, totally different roofline than a 4dr sedan that would be a taxi or police car.   The '67 Impala 4dr ht was a really sharp looking car, IMO. 

supernatural-impala-0005.jpg

With some different wheels and tires, a stock '67 can be done. 

1967-impala-4-door-hardtop-black-supernatural-67-chevrolet-chevy-4-dr-4dr-baby-7.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

8 minutes ago, paul alflen said:

Thank you , Rob Hall just had a brain fart, yes the 4 door sedan has the center post!! On  another note let the aftermarket resin casting begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, more than that..the center post, there are door window frames, and the C-pillar shape is different---more upright, .the back window is different... I know there is at least one resin caster on here that was working on a  '67 Biscayne 4dr sedan..looking forward to that.

Edited by Rob Hall

I hope it's a true 4 door '67 Impala, and not a reboxed 2 door or other current kit like they did to some of the other movie kits of the past (the American Graffiti kits come to mind). I'm  a HUGE fan of Supernatural and have several of the 2 door kits I was going to try and hack into "baby". I also have the Green Light diecast and it isn't quite right either. Please make it a true to the tv series Impala and I'll buy multiple kits. And an opening trunk with a secret compartment would be really nice too, lol.

Jeff

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

If you guy's were to see the real SM  car's yes there were three of them ! they are rusted out pieces of junk , there studio was just down from my wifes place of work in south Burnaby B.C. Canada ,

Maybe they were the stunt doubles. The article below says they use 7 cars for filming, and not all are bad. I know the article is a couple of years old, but still a good read. I hope this link works, I'm amish when it comes to computers, lol.

Jeff 

https://driving.ca/chevrolet/impala/auto-news/news/supernatural-impala-is-a-big-block-powered-demon-hunter

This is the new decal sheet for the Schwinn Bike how Awesome is this, you can choose 4 names Apple Krate , Orange Krate, lemon peeler, Gray Ghost and it will be molded in 3 colors  !!!

60938614_457691561652752_5491195080406466560_n.png

Edited by Mr mopar

On 5/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, Goose1957 said:

Maybe they were the stunt doubles. The article below says they use 7 cars for filming, and not all are bad. I know the article is a couple of years old, but still a good read. I hope this link works, I'm amish when it comes to computers, lol.

Jeff 

https://driving.ca/chevrolet/impala/auto-news/news/supernatural-impala-is-a-big-block-powered-demon-hunter

Though filmed in B.C. that one car has an Ohio plate.

33 minutes ago, samdiego said:

Super excited about the Krates! But I think that some of those names on the decal sheet are supposed to be black. The Lemon Peeler anyway

How right you are sir and the Gray ghost needs to be black too?

20 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Its nice to see 4dr's getting some love

A vehicle which appeals to both younger and older builders, as well as the police/taxi/grocery getter/"(insert extended family member) had one just like that!" crowd? This should be interesting.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

A vehicle which appeals to both younger and older builders, as well as the police/taxi/grocery getter/"(insert extended family member) had one just like that!" crowd? This should be interesting.

I am not sold on it appealing to younger builders,  but everything else, I do agree with you on.