Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 Car Kit Releases

Casey

I hope you wasn't offended, I meant to put a ;) after the "not that long ago...just 19 years" but I got a fault message so I had to take it away for the post to work.

Edited by Force

On 6/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, ss2000 said:

Saw this on Stevens International, any thoughts?

9E7AAB44-9ED7-4374-8489-DB5C48A8F7BE.jpeg

Box art = ?

Box contents = ?

As Mark mentioned, most people who buy this kit will have no idea what awaits them inside the box, and those who do know to avoid it and seek out one of the Revell kits.

Edited by Casey

On 6/23/2019 at 9:45 AM, Classicgas said:

That was actually Polar Lights before they were bought by Round2.

Round2 tooled the NASCAR COTs too.  They came out several years after the PL acquisition.  PL did tool the newer Ford GT, the GTO convertible, and maybe a few other snappers.

21 hours ago, Casey said:

Box art = ?

Box contents = ?

As Mark mentioned, most people who buy this kit will have no idea what awaits them inside the box, and those who do know to avoid it and seek out one of the Revell kits.

Ayuh, in fact that box art blows its contents back into the stone age.

Might like to print and photochop the Revell logo in there, 'cause that's the cover Revell's kit deserves!

On 6/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, ss2000 said:

Saw this on Stevens International, any thoughts?

9E7AAB44-9ED7-4374-8489-DB5C48A8F7BE.jpeg

That is one turd that no amount of polish will help. Not even sure if it's worth buying for some of the parts (engine, wheels/tires) as the Revell kit is so much better in so many ways.

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

That is one turd that no amount of polish will help. Not even sure if it's worth buying for some of the parts (engine, wheels/tires) as the Revell kit is so much better in so many ways.

What's wrong with this kit? I know  nothing about it.....

4 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Body dimensions are off, rear taillight panel is off, I could go on and on but if you are looking for a 69 Camaro kit, Revell is the way to go.

I never had the modified Yenko version, but built the 80s MPC convertible and ht versions...was there also an issue w the engine?  Can’t recall.  

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Body dimensions are off, rear taillight panel is off, I could go on and on but if you are looking for a 69 Camaro kit, Revell is the way to go.

I have never owned one of the Round 2 69 versions but I do have 2 Revell 69 kits.....

So for people who are interested in the Schwinn bicycle, as mentioned several pages ago it's going to be molded in Orange, Yellow & Red.  Distribution wise they're shipping 4 of each color per case, so keep that in mind when you go out looking for them.  I'm not sure how online vendors will handle that if people want to order a specific color (as the possibility exists one color will be more popular than others and you wind up with several 2/3rd unsold cases of the slow moving shades), or you're just gonna get pot lucked and get what you get.

23 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

So for people who are interested in the Schwinn bicycle, as mentioned several pages ago it's going to be molded in Orange, Yellow & Red.  Distribution wise they're shipping 4 of each color per case, so keep that in mind when you go out looking for them.  I'm not sure how online vendors will handle that if people want to order a specific color (as the possibility exists one color will be more popular than others and you wind up with several 2/3rd unsold cases of the slow moving shades), or you're just gonna get pot lucked and get what you get.

Maybe Round2 will have a sticker on the box telling what color its molded in ?

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

Maybe Round2 will have a sticker on the box telling what color its molded in ?

No doubt, plus it'll say on the box bottom what color it's molded in.  But that won't help people who are pre-ordering online from the bigger vendors like Model Roundup who don't offer a color choice.

17 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I would think most would be painting it anyway.

That's what I was thinking too. Who cares what color the plastic is? Well, unless you are collector and wan to collect them all, keeping them in their sealed boxes. :D

Edited by peteski

*shrug* We have a contingent of folks around here who like to polish out the plastic of molded in color things and do "naked" builds.  Although I'm guessing if Round2 expected people to paint them, they would have molded them all in white.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, Classicgas said:

To me polished plastic looks like, well, polished plastic.

If you pick the right plastic to work with, and do a good job, it can look amazingly good. But the vast majority of plastic will just look like plastic. 

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

Saw this on Round 2's FB page...looks like they are working on the 70s MPC Vega Pro Stock tooling for future re-issue.

64613712_10161963030185402_5528368928591446016_o.jpg

Rut-roh, I"m feeling yet another Grumpy's Toy (at least one) in my future....:D