Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 Truck Kit Releases

Casey

Here are a few newly announced 2019 kits from AMT and MPC:

AMT 1139 -- 1/25 Ford C-600 Hostess Delivery Truck

AMT 1140 -- 1/25 GMC Astro Semi Tractor Cab (fingers crossed the turbine engine insert has been found)

MPC 882 -- Godzilla Army Jeep :blink:

MPC 901 -- 1978 Dodge D-100 Custom Pickup Truck

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Casey said:

My money is on the 115" wheelbase Utiline Li'l Red Express Truck kit we've seen many times:

s-l400.jpg

Probably true, but notice the name they are using is VERY specific...D 100’s could be had either with Utiline or Sweptline beds, and as a Custom, that’s the base trim line. The Lil’ Reds were based on the mid range Adventurer trim. Maybe they found the bench seat interior last seen in the Monster Trucks, and they’re putting this out more as a work truck? 

The moldings having been removed precludes this from being put out in Adventurer SE trim, but they could still put it out as a Custom with a Sweptline bed, or, if they find the 4x4 parts, they could do a Macho Wagon eventually...

...either way, since it’s not being identified as a Lil’ Red, I think that something is afoot...

Edited by CapSat 6

4 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

...either way, since it’s not being identified as a Lil’ Red, I think that something is afoot...

And not as "Warlock" (or Pumpin' iron, which shows a '78 as box-art, yet contains a '79) either...so it doesn't sound like their normal routine of a modernized (new tires and decals) yet retro like re-release.

Edited by Luc Janssens

Awesome!!!!!! I have been wanting them to release the dodge trucks for a while now. 

I hope it is a long box but I will be happy no matter what. 

From my knowledge of dodge trucks D100 only means 2wd 1/2 ton they could be short box, long box or stepside. 

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

And not as "Warlock" (or Pumpin' iron, which shows a '78 as box-art, yet contains a '79) either...so it doesn't sound like their normal routine of a modernized (new tires and decals) re-release.

They could conceivably do a 2wd Warlock pretty easily, if they found the bed rails and wagon wheels...

https://www.nydailynews.com/amp/autos/street-smarts/bizarre-car-week-1978-dodge-warlock-article-1.2197505

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0513-153852/1978-dodge-warlock-pickup/

1 minute ago, leafsprings said:

Why a '78 D 100? Why not the earlier, and IMO, better looking '72-'73 or '74-'76?

The last issue of these trucks was a ‘78 Lil’ Red Express; Round 2 might also have the ‘79-‘80 Grille and hood (last seen in the “Fire Fighter” shortbed 4x4 and the “ThundersTruck” puller longbed truck).

It might be that the ‘76-prior grilles are gone. If you swap to one of the earlier grilles, there isn’t much else to body changes you would need (I think just the earlier lower valence that has turn signal lights in it), so somebody could cast these in resin for a retro fit, or, if the ‘78’s sell really well, maybe Round 2 could retool these pieces...but they will likely start with what they have. 

I think I have seen the earlier grilles available in resin on eBay from time to time. 

Again, my recollection is that it has a newly tooled Sweptside pickup box, probably SWB to match the existing chassis, and a lower trim level (not the Adventurer) IIRC.  I'm sure they'll have box art fairly soon, which will confirm how much (if any) of this info is correct......TIM 

19 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Again, my recollection is that it has a newly tooled Sweptside pickup box, probably SWB to match the existing chassis, and a lower trim level (not the Adventurer) IIRC.  I'm sure they'll have box art fairly soon, which will confirm how much (if any) of this info is correct......TIM 

Sorry about all of the speculation, Tim...just...excited to see this one back!!!

The possibility of a utiline short bed is pretty cool, too!!!

That Dodge D100 is definitely interesting. I'm also waiting to see what version it will be, but as I have none of them on my stash, I'll probably end up buying that reissue anyway. And that Ford C600 is a must have. Beautiful body style, I've been looking for those older issues but haven't found any in here... Now I'm very glad to see that a new version is coming.

3 minutes ago, alexis said:

Cale, that is what I am betting on. Just the Bog-Standard Flat Fender, maybe, with the Big Recolless Rifle on the box art.  The only other option I can imagine would be the Daisy Duke CJ-5 with Military parts from the flat fender. 

No idea what particular Godzilla movie (or any) they want to represent, but did find this still from Godzilla vs Gigan. 

Godzilla_vs_Gigan-03.jpg

• Xingu locked this topic