Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 Truck Kit Releases

Casey

49 minutes ago, 37 caddy said:

anyone know anything about this one

It was mentioned in the 2018 Round2 Truck releases topic, but Round2 has only released very preliminary box art, so I didn't bother posting any images yet for the reasons you mentioned. It'll be the same C-600 last seen in Pepsi livery, with new Hostess decals.

I wouldn’t be too surprised to eventually see the T500 version of the Peterbilt, they retooled the sleeper for the W925 kit and if they get enough requests for the sleeper  they might retool it plus it give them another option on the old tool..

• 5 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

THE BRAT!!!!!!! The 2 I picked up for $1 years ago are now worth nothing....and I'm happy! 

However look straight at the middle. Since I don't want to shell out basically my grocery funds for a week on an ERTL issued 4070, that Astro 95 may just do the trick. Especially in that livery. I had it back in the late '70's.

5 minutes ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

However look straight at the middle. Since I don't want to shell out basically my grocery funds for a week on an ERTL issued 4070, that Astro 95 may just do the trick. Especially in that livery. I had it back in the late '70's.

Is that the kit that had the turbine back in the day??? Always wanted that kit.

11 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

This is what I found on the internet.

amt hostess ford c600 truck model

amt-hostess-c600.jpg

I don't think those are real. If you notice, the Pepsi logo is still visible on the door. But realistically, the final design will probably be similar to this. Just the way the Pepsi box art was a direct copy of the 70's era Hertz truck cover.

18 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Is that the kit that had the turbine back in the day??? Always wanted that kit.

I do not believe that it has the turbine. I tried to enlarge it but it appears to be the 1972 issue. I believe the turbine was only in the original issue from 1971.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:18 AM, av405 said:

I don't think those are real. If you notice, the Pepsi logo is still visible on the door. But realistically, the final design will probably be similar to this. Just the way the Pepsi box art was a direct copy of the 70's era Hertz truck cover.

Saw this video from Round 2 this morning. As mentioned above, no turbine and 2nd issue box art for the Astro, but all new box art for the C-600. Truck release are in the last few minutes of video.

10 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Good to see the Brat coming back. Disappointed that the GMC Astro is coming back without the turbine. I already have one without the turbine. Plus I have a Chevy Titan. So I'll be passing on another Astro because of the lack of the turbine.

I too was hoping the Astro would have the optional Turbine engine...like you I already have one without it.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, Rob Hall said:

Found this pic on FB...mostly car kits, but you can see what may be the final Dodge pickup box art, kind of retro style, but not the same as the annuals.

51328979_1950518301662873_2044454280286437376_n.jpg

I wish that Dodge pickup had the older grille treatment...but it will be on my must have anyway...been needing a few to make family owned replicas with.

• Xingu locked this topic