Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Hemi Charger RT in factory B3 blue

baycolony

17 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Extremely well built and detailed.   So you just used a thin strip of tape for the seams only?

Yes, I just added trimmed Tamiya tape to the seam locations and lightly overcoated with Rustoleum "textured" paint.  Of course I had to reverse mask all the trim first.

16 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Outstanding XS29R0 !  EB3 Light Blue Metallic Ice Blue Metallic , Plymouth ) is an excellent colour choice -- and , it's a stunning colour in person and in the sunlight -- especially for a maximum performance car such as a Charger .

Do you have a hosting page and / or photos of your other works ?

Here it is:  http://public.fotki.com/GilCosta/

2 hours ago, espo said:

This build should win any contest in the Showroom Stock category. Excellent paint finish, vinyl roof, and stripes. The detailing under the hood is much like looking at a real car. 

Actually, I just entered it into our annual club show where it came in second.  The person who won took his build to a level I choose not to go to (too many to build...lol). Well deserved though.

30 minutes ago, baycolony said:

Yes, I just added trimmed Tamiya tape to the seam locations and lightly overcoated with Rustoleum "textured" paint.  Of course I had to reverse mask all the trim first.

I'll have to definitely keep that paint in mind when it comes time to paint the vinyl top on my Shelby! That looks soooo much better than masking tape alone and it looks 'in scale'. ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

10 hours ago, Deuces said:

Here's the picture of the chassis.... Looks fantastic! ??

What color did you use for the steering wheel??? That looks too real...

1970Charger2-vi.jpg

Thanks for posting this, for some reason my pictures wouldn't cooperate.  As far as the paint for the steering wheel, I used a Vallejo color.  I think it was a military sand color brushed over with dark brown oil paint.