Model Cars Magazine Forum

LS what?

Displacement unknown, but most LS engines look alike on the exterior. I would think any of the latest Camaro or Corvette kits would be a place to look. If you want the very best you should check out Fireball casting in the Aftermarket/Resin section.    

What distinguishes most LS engines from each other visually, including the cast-iron Vortec versions in trucks and SUVs, is the plastic cosmetic covers on top, and the oil pan shape.

I would guess the covers in the photo are custom parts made for the application. (EDIT: WRONG  :D) Not hard to do for a competent fabricator/tooling maker.

Under the cosmetic stuff, most of them look pretty much like this:

Image result for Chevrolet LS engine

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

13 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

What distinguishes most LS engines from each other visually, including the cast-iron Vortec versions in trucks and SUVs, is the plastic cosmetic covers on top, and the oil pan shape.

I would guess the covers in the photo are custom parts made for the application. (EDIT: WRONG  :D) Not hard to do for a competent fabricator/tooling maker.

Under the cosmetic stuff, most of them look pretty much like this:

Image result for Chevrolet LS engine

Yeah, not like your tipical small block...?