[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Luc Janssens

2019 Revell (Germany)

Recommended Posts

The old tool 1/24 56 Chevy seems a odd pick.....must be the 'Mom and Grandma Birthday model pick 2019' entry.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Not being my area of expertise, is there anything about making the current kit into an AAR that would require them to tweak the body cavity mold (eg new side inserts)?  From a quick glance it seems like the differences would all be covered with engine, hood, etc inserts leaving the body to soldier on unchanged.  

Pretty much like you mentioned. New hood, new exhaust, and new engine as the AAR's IIRC used a 340(?), not the Hemis that are in the current kits. Of course, proper decals would be needed and good ones not unreasonable facsimiles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

The old tool 1/24 56 Chevy seems a odd pick.....must be the 'Mom and Grandma Birthday model pick 2019' entry.....

Keep in mind it's a Europe facing release list, has that kit ever seen the light of day overseas?  They have all of this "free" tooling, might as well run some of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The series III Land Rover could be an interesting model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, espo said:

The series III Land Rover could be an interesting model. 

Unless it's going to be a New mold, which i very much doubt it will be, it will be a reissue version of the old Esci/Italeri 109" station wagon, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

Unless it's going to be a New mold, which i very much doubt it will be, it will be a reissue version of the old Esci/Italeri 109" station wagon, 

It does say specifically "new tool" in the IPMS Deutschland list, and they normally have good info. And here:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2019-das-ii-bis-iv-quartal/#more-40975

You can find: "07047 Land Rover Series III (New Tool) 09/2019 Kit Level 3 with long wheelbase with engine reproduction, right and left hand drive version"

I'm a bit suspicious that it's only a "level 3" even though it has an engine, but it's good that it has both RHD and LHD options. I guess it won't have TWO engines, because I'd like at least a V8 and a diesel...

best,

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Pretty much like you mentioned. New hood, new exhaust, and new engine as the AAR's IIRC used a 340(?), not the Hemis that are in the current kits. Of course, proper decals would be needed and good ones not unreasonable facsimiles!

Yes the AARs ran 340s.  For homolgation purposes (to qualify as a production car) Chrysler had to produce 2800 Barracudas (2724 AARs actually built) and 2500 Challengers (2400 Challengers T/As actually  produced) with the 340 installed.

DSCN5915

Edited by afx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

It does say specifically "new tool" in the IPMS Deutschland list, and they normally have good info. And here:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2019-das-ii-bis-iv-quartal/#more-40975

You can find: "07047 Land Rover Series III (New Tool) 09/2019 Kit Level 3 with long wheelbase with engine reproduction, right and left hand drive version"

I'm a bit suspicious that it's only a "level 3" even though it has an engine, but it's good that it has both RHD and LHD options. I guess it won't have TWO engines, because I'd like at least a V8 and a diesel...

best,

M.

What does 3 mean over there? When they realigned the U.S. "Skill" Levels to the 1-5 style Europe used Skill Level 3 covered anything that was pre-painted regardless as to the kit's part total wound up being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

What does 3 mean over there? When they realigned the U.S. "Skill" Levels to the 1-5 style Europe used Skill Level 3 covered anything that was pre-painted regardless as to the kit's part total wound up being. 

Looking at the current Revell DE website, kits at Level 3 include the Monogram '66 Shelby, '10 Shelby GT500, Audi R8 coupe and Spyder, BMW i8, Mercedes AMG-GT, Porsche Panamera, McLaren 570S, etc...so reasonably highly detailed.   Level 4 kits include the '68 Charger, '97 Ford F150, Mercedes SLS, Porsche 918...

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Keep in mind it's a Europe facing release list, has that kit ever seen the light of day overseas?  They have all of this "free" tooling, might as well run some of it.

The Monogram 56 and 57 Chevy tools would make great boat anchors. I've seen Palmer kits that looked better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Looking at the current Revell DE website, kits at Level 3 include the Monogram '66 Shelby, '10 Shelby GT500, Audi R8 coupe and Spyder, BMW i8, Mercedes AMG-GT, Porsche Panamera, McLaren 570S, etc...so reasonably highly detailed.   Level 4 kits include the '68 Charger, '97 Ford F150, Mercedes SLS, Porsche 918...

The whole idea of assigning skill levels is just silly. I can't believe the old Monogram 1st Gen Mustang is as complex a kit as the 20xx Mustangs. Meanwhile the Audis are Level 3, but the new Ford GT which has 88 parts and metal axles/very little suspension is a Level 4...because you have to glue the body together, paint a tri-tone and decal it?

 

Edited by niteowl7710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

The whole idea of assigning skill levels is just silly. I can't believe the old Monogram 1st Gen Mustang is as complex a kit as the 20xx Mustangs. Meanwhile the Audis are Level 3, but the new Ford GT which has 88 parts and metal axles/very little suspension is a Level 4...because you have to glue the body together, paint a tri-tone and decal it?

 

It all seems very arbitrary.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, afx said:

Yes the AARs ran 340s.  For homolgation purposes (to qualify as a production car) Chrysler had to produce 2800 Barracudas (2724 AARs actually built) and 2500 Challengers (2400 Challengers T/As actually  produced) with the 340 installed.

DSCN5915

Was there not a unique exhaust ?  Or was it on every v8 cuda?

Image result for aar cuda exhaust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Was there not a unique exhaust ?  Or was it on every v8 cuda?

 

That was unique to the AAR (Challenger T/A had it also I think). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Standard Cuda V8 exhaust.

DSCN4910

Edited by afx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

H

3 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

It does say specifically "new tool" in the IPMS Deutschland list, and they normally have good info. And here:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2019-das-ii-bis-iv-quartal/#more-40975

You can find: "07047 Land Rover Series III (New Tool) 09/2019 Kit Level 3 with long wheelbase with engine reproduction, right and left hand drive version"

I'm a bit suspicious that it's only a "level 3" even though it has an engine, but it's good that it has both RHD and LHD options. I guess it won't have TWO engines, because I'd like at least a V8 and a diesel...

best,

M.

Wonder if it's a joint venture with Italeri, cuz their Fire truck version which they announced for 2018, didn't materialize yet, and also remember that Hannants initially announced (and later removed) a new Land Rover (product number 07047) by Revell on new years eve in '17, this makes me think the Hobbico implosion, delayed both releases, of which  I assume they were originally  planned for Q4 2018.

 

Edited by Luc Janssens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

It does say specifically "new tool" in the IPMS Deutschland list, and they normally have good info. And here:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2019-das-ii-bis-iv-quartal/#more-40975

You can find: "07047 Land Rover Series III (New Tool) 09/2019 Kit Level 3 with long wheelbase with engine reproduction, right and left hand drive version"

I'm a bit suspicious that it's only a "level 3" even though it has an engine, but it's good that it has both RHD and LHD options. I guess it won't have TWO engines, because I'd like at least a V8 and a diesel...

best,

M.

The old Esci kit, which was re-released a few years ago by Italeri had the bottom end of the engine molded with the chassis, but also had a choice of Left or Right hand dashboards, if it indeed is going to have a full detailed engine i would expect it to have a higher than level 3 build rating, but only time will tell.....

Edited by GeeBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

It all seems very arbitrary.. 

As I understand it from talking to the Revell Germany guys at Scale Model World this year, their ratings are purely based on number of parts. So I guess if you have a kit with multiple alternative parts it'll score higher than one with fewer total parts, but more of them used in any given build... Arbitrary, for sure, but I guess it's a start.

best,

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bbowser said:

That tractor is a must!  I guess I'm channeling my inner farmer :wub:

Its a follow up to the Porsche Jr Tractor they did, part of the Easy Click System kits, it was a fun a little kit to build, looking forward to this one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Pretty much like you mentioned. New hood, new exhaust, and new engine as the AAR's IIRC used a 340(?), not the Hemis that are in the current kits. Of course, proper decals would be needed and good ones not unreasonable facsimiles!

I don't know if the Sox & Martin kit includes it, but the AAR would also require a new rear valence panel without the exhaust tip outlets. I wonder if they will bother with the tire stagger in the kit. AAR's and T/A Challengers used larger rear tires than the fronts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OutaFocus said:

I don't know if the Sox & Martin kit includes it, but the AAR would also require a new rear valence panel without the exhaust tip outlets. I wonder if they will bother with the tire stagger in the kit. AAR's and T/A Challengers used larger rear tires than the fronts.

Just since we're talking about the "new" Revell '70 Cuda, I've never thought the front end of that thing looked right. I don't know what it is--grille, bumper, front valence, or some combination of the three, I just can't put my finger on it. One of these days I"m gonna sit down with that kit and a bunch of good photos and try to figure out what it is. It just looks "Foose-ified" or something, like it's been subtly modified in some way. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OutaFocus said:

I don't know if the Sox & Martin kit includes it, but the AAR would also require a new rear valence panel without the exhaust tip outlets. I wonder if they will bother with the tire stagger in the kit. AAR's and T/A Challengers used larger rear tires than the fronts.

Surprisingly the race cars still had the exhaust outlets in place.  Maybe they started with standard Cuda bodies.

Capture18-vi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be aero related, kinda like the guys who cut holes in the back bumpers of their late model race

cars, reduces any potential parachute like effect that would be created by having those areas solid.

Ross-Sport-Lancer-Evolution-VI-PMcG-48-1

 

2_deee2637-1834-4421-86aa-d3b955367528_1

IMG_3992_copy.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

That was unique to the AAR (Challenger T/A had it also I think). 

You thunk correctly Rob, the Challenger T/A also had the side dump exhaust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Its a follow up to the Porsche Jr Tractor they did, part of the Easy Click System kits, it was a fun a little kit to build, looking forward to this one too.

Same. The Deutz, Porsche, and MF that Heller just repoped are on my "stuff to buy after Christmas" list. Weathering heaven lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now