Model Cars Magazine Forum

2018 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Since I just got back to the Chicago area to complete the process of moving back to the Pacific Northwest, I had the opportunity to attend the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals.  As usual, there were some very nice cars on display.  Too many Mopars for my liking  :D, but a very interesting mix of vehicles, including some unique customs.  Anyway, here is a link to the Flicker Album for the show…

Flickr MCACN Show Album...

DSCF1300.JPG.04a9270555cbcf93e442897315790572.JPG

Thank you for sharing. I never realized they had so any one-off customs on display also. The black '68 Biscayne is similar to the Bel Air I ordered in Sept. of 1967.  I had to have Air Conditioning so the biggest engine I could get was the 385hp 427 cu in with a 4-speed and 3.55to 1 Posi. This was a family car an every day driver rain, snow, what ever. Other special equipment included the F-41 Sport Suspension,  Fully instrumented Dash including a Tach were the clock would normally go. The AM radio also had the factory 8-track tape player with multiplex stereo and a rear window defogger, remember this was driven every day of the year. The wheels were the 15 X 7 Rally wheels because of the Disc Brakes. Several other small items like the Light Group that included under hood and trunk lighting as well as the front corner lighting,  this option is usually seen on Caprices at that time. The paint was a bright Red and black Vinyl interior. At 4300 lbs. according to the scales at Riverside Raceway it would still surprise a lot of smaller big engine cars of the day. Raced once with low 14ings and around 100 mph in the quarter it wasn't the fastest, but this was our family car driven every day rain, snow, or shine.    

4 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I was there Saturday Gerry, I agree on the Mopars! Lots of cool cars and stuff to see, caught up with some old friends and had a great time. I was glad to get back home, realized this weekend with that winter weather why I moved from Chicago!

That is why we're moving back to Washington State.  Even though I grew up in the Chicago area, I am more of one passing through from time to time due to family and work.

Nice pics,

I had planned earlier this year to go, But we decided to make the move to Arizona and that took care of that.

Actually thinking we may go next year ,,,time will tell I guess

Love the 55 Imperial  custom btw, and sure wish the model companies would do an early Imperial