Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto quiz 401 - Finished

The in question is a 1956 Facel Vega FV2B convertible. Onthe english wikipedia side it is menationed as a FVS, so  therefore this is also correct. The FV2 / FV2B was build from 1955 - 1956. And it can be identified from its presuccsor FV/FV1 by the panoramic windscreen. the differences between the different variants of the FV2/FV2B/FV3 are  under the hood (Chrysler engines) except the FV3B and FV4. Thes models where only build as coupes.  The other verarinats could be ordered as coupe or a convertible. The body of the FV-Series was in pricipal an extented version of the Ford Comete  body.

Auto quiz 401.JPG

Edited by carsntrucks4you

On 11/24/2018 at 7:53 AM, MrObsessive said:

It certainly is that! I don't think I've ever seen one of these here in the states even at a car show.

First and only one I've ever seen in the States was on the lot of an out-of-business import car shop back in the late '70s. It had dull faded paint, a  raggedy interior, an engine caked with oily grot, and I didn't know what it was at the time (though I did recognize the engine).

I managed to track down the owner of a terminally rusty S1 E-type roadster that was also on the lot, and bought it...but when I went back to get the Jag, the mystery car was gone.

52 minutes ago, landman said:

Some members of the Rat Pack had one, Martin or Davis I think. Maybe Sinatra.

Ava Gardner (who bought three), Tony Curtis, Pablo Picasso, Christian Dior, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin,They all had Facel Vega's.

0022_0110_l.jpeg

I thought there was a resin caster that was doing a master of this particular car (I believe a '61 coupe), but I've not heard anything about it in quite some time.

Call me crazy, but I can see taking a '55 Chevy and turning this into a Facel Vega. ;)

Of course some shortening of the wheelbase would be needed among other things, but I'm seeing the basic 'bones' out of that '55 shoebox.

3 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

...Call me crazy, but I can see taking a '55 Chevy and turning this into a Facel Vega. ;)

Of course some shortening of the wheelbase would be needed among other things, but I'm seeing the basic 'bones' out of that '55 shoebox.

That would be a piece of your masterwork certainly worth watching.  :D