Model Cars Magazine Forum

My built kits

aurfalien

Brian, I can't even imagine how difficult this loss must be for you and your family. I hope you can still find a way to have a joyful Thanksgiving along with some peace and comfort in the days ahead.

BTW,  of all the builds you posted, I like the Dino 206 GT best.

David G.

3 hours ago, vintagercr said:

Oh Brian, I am so sorry for your loss.  I loved looking at your photo's except for the last one.  

Hi Steve and thank you for the kind words.  For some reason i thought my builds were for sh%t.  I'm happy that they seem rather well received.

2 hours ago, Breezy said:

Sorry for your loss. That 959 and the 356 look great. Well they all do.

Hi Brent and thank you very much.  I was looking them over and thinking what to rebuild and even though I loved that little 356 dragster, man it was hard to squeeze the engine in it.

1 hour ago, David G. said:

Brian, I can't even imagine how difficult this loss must be for you and your family. I hope you can still find a way to have a joyful Thanksgiving along with some peace and comfort in the days ahead.

BTW,  of all the builds you posted, I like the Dino 206 GT best.

David G.

Hi David and thank you for the kind words.  I plan to do a fill detail Dino 206GT some time in the near future.  Man what a hot car.

So sad to see what has happened to your place & your belongings. Happy that you escaped the fire & are alive.

My gf just lost her place & everything she had this past Saturday. Hers was an electrical fire. She was able to get out too!

As bad as things look, you are alive & seem to be in good spirits. 

Your builtup models look great. Good that you had pics of them.

Take care & Happy Thanksgiving. Brad

All of your builds are very nicely done, you should be proud there. Very sorry for your loss, but at least material things can be replaced, people can't so good that you seems to be OK anyway. It's hard to imagine which hard times a lot of people must be going through right now....

On 11/22/2018 at 3:19 PM, Lordmodelbuilder said:

So sad to see what has happened to your place & your belongings. Happy that you escaped the fire & are alive.

My gf just lost her place & everything she had this past Saturday. Hers was an electrical fire. She was able to get out too!

As bad as things look, you are alive & seem to be in good spirits. 

Your builtup models look great. Good that you had pics of them.

Take care & Happy Thanksgiving. Brad

Hi Brad and thank you.  That's horrible about your ladies place.

On 11/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, Funkychiken said:

Wishing you well for Christmas! Sorry about your place, and shame about your models...  The F40 & the 959 were both special!

Hi Atin and thank you.  I must say that I do miss those kits.  The 959, rather 961 was not a bad kit and I kind of liked the molded in windows.  The included masking worked superbly and I would recommend it.  The tires and wheels were from Scale Production but I combined the tires and wheels as follows;

18"-19" slicks; SPR24002

18" Speedline Cup; SPRF24052

On 11/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, Belugawrx said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian

Terrifying news from Cali. I hope things only get better for you...

I really like the 908B)

Hi Bruce and thank you.

Paul Fisher did a wonderful job in producing the 908 resin kit.  Poor Paul, his work shop and home burned down!  At least I still have my lively hood.

http://www.fishermodels.com/

50 minutes ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

All of your builds are very nicely done, you should be proud there. Very sorry for your loss, but at least material things can be replaced, people can't so good that you seems to be OK anyway. It's hard to imagine which hard times a lot of people must be going through right now....

Hi Mattias and thank you.

My loss was pittance compared to others and as such feel a bit embarrassed about having brought it up now.

But I felt compelled to post it for some reason.

6 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Many treasures were lost here. I offer my sincere sympathies! Your determination to rebuild is admirable. I don't know that I would have it in me. All the best.

On 11/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, Italianhorses said:

Cool builds - I hope you'll be back on your feet soon. Sorry about the loss - its tough.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:34 PM, Cpt Tuttle said:

Well, the fact that other people may have it worse is nothing that makes your loss any less hard for you.....

Thank you Alex, Eric and Mattias.  In terms of being able to keep building, well what else am I going to do?  Stare at the walls all day :)